Golden Torch Flow Question

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that it is....

You want gently swaying of polyps, not blasting them... At least, that is what i want amd how i want my torch to look

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a pinch to high unless it has random slow spots too. Here is mine.

Attachments

• 20220623_150451.mp4
    80.5 MB

LosReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys

I need help from you torch pros!
This is my first Torch as I was more an SPS guys..

Is this too much flow for a torch?
I just introduced it 30mins ago after dipping..

Looks great! Especially after being dipped. Some like more flow than others. I keep mine on their own base rock in case I need to move them.

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys

id say that's perfect especially due to the fact that its pretty random. beautiful torch btw! I keep a few colonies in an acropora dom system and they are all splitting as we speak. I have heavy flow but random and they all love it. I haven't seen any tissue rescission or any deaths at all for that matter. I'm a firm believer in heavy flow for just about any type of system ( just my personal op[inion ) great choice with the placement !

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys

That’s a beautiful torch! Personally I’d say that’s plenty of flow but that’s just because I love watching Torches sway in the flow a lot more than others.
Looks great! Especially after being dipped. Some like more flow than others. I keep mine on their own base rock in case I need to move them.

this is how I enjoy watching torches sway, although I only have one that went from a beautiful colony to 1 head due to flat worms. I do hope to come across some nice torches in the future (Although I spent £180, around $200 on a joker and it died later on for no reason).

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pretty lucky and only paid 80$ for this 2 heads. (It will be splitting to 3 heads soon)
Imo thats almost a steal isnt it?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was pretty lucky and only paid 80$ for this 2 heads. (It will be splitting to 3 heads soon)
Imo thats almost a steal isnt it?
I’d say that’s a great steal, it’s a beautiful torch and for it to be splitting soon is even better. I have a hammer that’s Atleast 5 heads now from a hammer with 2 and I got him for half the price I see hammers with 2 heads being sold at.

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but somehow I start to like LPS more and more though..
I like Goniopora and stuff that sways and is wavy.

Might change to some gonio garden for my nano and start a new bigger tank with acros soon.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but somehow I start to like LPS more and more though..
I like Goniopora and stuff that sways and is wavy.

Might change to some gonio garden for my nano and start a new bigger tank with acros soon.
I’m preferring acros with the nice and fluffy polyps but I keep losing it due to my dang blenny, really beginning to give me a bigger reason to rehome it and try get a smaller blenny that’s slightly rarer (I have seen said blenny before but I keep trying to find its name and it comes up with a different blenny - A Tiger Tail Blenny is what they called it).

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m preferring acros with the nice and fluffy polyps but I keep losing it due to my dang blenny, really beginning to give me a bigger reason to rehome it and try get a smaller blenny that’s slightly rarer (I have seen said blenny before but I keep trying to find its name and it comes up with a different blenny - A Tiger Tail Blenny is what they called it).
Well, the nice fluffy acros are cool indeed.. but in a nano its so hard to keep them alive long term.
I did manage to hold some nice acros in that tank (the same as u do) but its just so hard to make them happy long term.

Imo your polyp retraction is not only because of your blenny. Its also lack of flow maybe as they love crazy random flow.
Plus especially Milles are really b*tchy sometimes :D

U can try it.. but imo its not doable long term in this tank without alot of effort and testing daily.

I find that only temperature control is very hard.. it got hot here the last days and my temp was jumping around.. PENG! one acro dead..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the nice fluffy acros are cool indeed.. but in a nano its so hard to keep them alive long term.
I did manage to hold some nice acros in that tank (the same as u do) but its just so hard to make them happy long term.

Imo your polyp retraction is not only because of your blenny. Its also lack of flow maybe as they love crazy random flow.
Plus especially Milles are really b*tchy sometimes :D

U can try it.. but imo its not doable long term in this tank without alot of effort and testing daily.

I find that only temperature control is very hard.. it got hot here the last days and my temp was jumping around.. PENG! one acro dead..
Fingers crossed it succeeds. I look forward to seeing how you change your nano though, always wanted a Goni but they seem similar in terms of acros with care.

Back