Goldfish parasite?

Mononine1000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cousins gold fish has white spots on the tail. One of her gold fish died two weeks ago and now her other ones is getting white spots. The goldfish who died turned see through and couldn’t control how he was swimming. Can some one help us figure out what’s going on?
IMG_7425.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cousins gold fish has white spots on the tail. One of her gold fish died two weeks ago and now her other ones is getting white spots. The goldfish who died turned see through and couldn’t control how he was swimming. Can some one help us figure out what’s going on?
IMG_7425.png

Tough to see in the pic but it looks like fin damage with a possible secondary bacterial infection. The first goldfish may not have died from the same issue. Can they take some of the water from the tank to a local pet store and have it tested?

Jay

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7425.png
This isn't a freshwater forum, however it appears you're keeping him in a tank way too small for his needs. Did you cycle it? How often do you do water changes? Do you dechorinate? What are your parameters. You need to upgrade him ASAP. A 40 gallon is minimum for goldfish, and even then it's only temporary

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back