Goniopora ID please

ghos7protocol

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
10
Location
DFW
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have this colony and a few people have said it is a glitter bomb however, the tentacles aren’t as long as the glitter bombs I see online. Any idea as to what it could be? I took the pictures under a filter and two different blue settings on kessil 360x tuna blues

IMG_5719.jpeg IMG_5712.jpeg IMG_5556.jpeg
 
Hello all! I have this colony and a few people have said it is a glitter bomb however, the tentacles aren’t as long as the glitter bombs I see online. Any idea as to what it could be? I took the pictures under a filter and two different blue settings on kessil 360x tuna blues

IMG_5719.jpeg IMG_5712.jpeg IMG_5556.jpeg
From my understanding, the true glitterbomb has almost no purple whilst the glitterball has the purple tips.

I’d say yours is a glitterball but can you get a closer photo of the whole tentacle?
 
Upvote 0
From my understanding, the true glitterbomb has almost no purple whilst the glitterball has the purple tips.

I’d say yours is a glitterball but can you get a closer photo of the whole tentacle?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
I’d say it’s a ‘glitterball’ as the ‘glitter’ does go all the way into the head of the polyp but it’s also got a lot of purple.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks! Yeah I saw it and instantly gravitated toward it. It’s larger than a softball and they had it listed for $200. At that price I had to have it haha
Oh absolutely!
I love my tiny frag of ‘Glitterball’ (sold as a Glitterbomb) and can’t wait for it to become a large colony.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new