Goniopora not opening with ideal parameters

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mattc123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ever since I eliminated a lot of Softies in my tank, I’ve seen great success with my two gonis. Day and night change. Sps do better too.
This goni is the only Coral in the tank right now and I'm really trying to keep it alive :(
 
I've been trying water changes with salinity by aquavitro and the batch says it has an alkalinity of meq/L of 3.7 and so far it's had no effect. Anything else I can do?

It's supposed to be a guaranteed batch of 3.7 meq/l which translates to about 10.3dkh I believe. And I'm using all Hanna checkers

You'll have to do some pretty large water changes to get the alk down to 10.3 with fresh water that's the mixing above 10dkh

I have found that lower in the tank, and medium indirect flow best for gonis
 
Ever since I eliminated a lot of Softies in my tank, I’ve seen great success with my two gonis. Day and night change. Sps do better too.
This goni is the only Coral in the tank right now and I'm really trying to keep it alive :(
How old is your tank? An established tank does wonders that just good parameters can’t.
it is a year old as of this month!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new