Gonzo's Cookie Monster, Anyone?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have this? AquaNerd did a feature on it, but this what a long time ago. It is like ARC Fireworks, but on steroids. It looks to me like what people what they corals to look like under RB diodes, but it looks like this under 14k lighting. It is hard to photograph, so if you have one, please post it. This is pretty good except that it glows more in person.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that yours? The Cookie Monster is the best variant of all the similar pieces available right now from what I have seen. I would like to see people’s pieces as well.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s nice, I would actually pay for that piece, not so much the fireworks though. I have had donei acros that are no different from fireworks from what I could see. Kinda regret selling my little colony when I decided to focus on different growth forms.

tqui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
here's mine: IMG_8143.JPG IMG_8287.JPG

tqui

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how do those compare to Merlins staff?
i dont have the Merlins staff... but IMO it's the same as ARC Firework... again- i could be wrong -- "no pun intended"... .here's is a piece of ARC firwork that i broke off and glued to a different location:

IMG_8278.JPG

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the bodies of this coral more blue in person, or are the photos pretty accurate? Mine is really as blue as in the photo.

The Merlins Staff that I have seen have a more purple body with a goldish polyp.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont have the Merlins staff... but IMO it's the same as ARC Firework... again- i could be wrong -- "no pun intended"... .here's is a piece of ARC firwork that i broke off and glued to a different location:

IMG_8278.JPG
I hope they aren't the same, I just paid a lot more for a Staff instead of getting the fireworks! o_O

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, anyone see the Allstar acro? Looks like the same kind of variant but the biggest price tag. I wonder if there is a real difference or not.
Jolt, nice pic, that’s exactly what my wild Aussie piece looked like. It would get a nice blue in the rim and tips under good light.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, anyone see the Allstar acro? Looks like the same kind of variant but the biggest price tag. I wonder if there is a real difference or not.
Jolt, nice pic, that’s exactly what my wild Aussie piece looked like. It would get a nice blue in the rim and tips under good light.
I have the all star and arc fireworks but the all star is in a league of its own. It has true gold polyps and not the brownish polyps people call gold.

AB51B75A-B1BF-4F34-8450-95AC75019AEA.jpeg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it does have nice green gold polyps. Yours looks really good. Though I think the prices on these corals surprise me more than the colors 100 percent of the time. Especially when there are so many variants of the same kind out there. I feel like this used to make people look over pieces more than collect them.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a nice piece of this cookie monster(needs some love though looked a little haggard), haven't started photographing it but if its anything like my All star look alike, its definitely going to be hard to photograph. Even though the coral is blue my phone will turn it purple... working on getting a better camera. Will see though..

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back