good air pump

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
63
Location
Lodi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to use chemiclean on my 93 gallon mixed reef to get rid of cyano. I need advice on a good air pump to use for this size of tank. Thanks very much

Blake
 
What you can do if you have an in sump skimmer is to take the collection cup off of the skimmer and let it just flow back into the sump, it will aerate the water just as good if not better than an air pump and stone. That's what I have done when dosing chemiclean.
 
Okay that sounds like a plan. I have a skimmer and I will do just that. Thank you very much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new