Good,but budget powerheads

  • Thread starter Thread starter kenand
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nothing wrong with used vortechs
True, the only downside is they still cost more than DMP's typically. But, I get why people buy them.

I believe they aren't better than DMP's and the wet sides cost twice as much to replace.
 
I have 5 jebao slw series in my 180. 2 slw 30s. 1 on each side. 3 slw 20s on back glass. You’re gonna need at least this I believe in 180. Started with just the 30s on sides and way too many dead spots. Added 1 slw 20 on middle back glass but still dead spots in back corners. 3 on back has eliminated dead spots. Probably costed total of $300 for all pumps

I do have 2 return pumps going into DT as well
 
True, the only downside is they still cost more than DMP's typically. But, I get why people buy them.

I believe they aren't better than DMP's and the wet sides cost twice as much to replace.

I bought 4 DMP65's for less than it would cost me for 1 MP60. It's nuts. I hesitated a while because they don't sell standalone wet sides for the 65 yet, but it hit me that I could just buy whole spare pumps for cheaper than I could buy wetside vortech replacements anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new