Good Bye

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow! first - sorry for your loss.

the fact that you've built the tank out in her honor sent chills down my spine.

i hope you have the absolute best luck in the world with that tank, and that it grows into a masterpiece. it looks like it's been set up in a well planned fashion.

bests!

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prayers are with her and family. Your doing a awesome thing for her and ones that Knew her. Looking forward to the tank build.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to All of Cory Girls friends here on Reef2Reef. It has been almost a year since she passed and I've finally begun the setup of her tank. The aquarium is a 180 and I'm int he cycle process using shrimp. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reef Heaven on Earth, God's gift.
Let us all follow this and help this awesome guy build the reef of this year.
Looks so awesome and blessing, I'm sure you build it as a reflection as Evelyn would do.
Her Spirit is guiding your mind and hands to create something amazing.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all of you for your Incredible words. Eve was an incredible woman and I miss her daily. We shared much in common and this became her passion. I smile a lot and cry sometimes as I go through different aspects of the setup and I know she'd be pleased and would be soaked leaning into the tank trying to get that last rock in place which isn't 'just right'. I've read through her notes and I'm trying to do this the way she wanted It. She did see the tank, lights, Skimmer when they were delivered. I have pics of her playing with the dry goods. My daughters and I are working on this together and we want to do It right.
I'll post pics as we move on.
I've been visiting the Orlando reef shops and I was particularly impressed with World Wide Corals, Living Reef , and Top Shelf Aquatics.
May be going to a few shops today while I anxiously wait for this thing to cycle.

Again thanks for the words of encouragement.... any and all advice and guidance would be very appreciated. 'Eve's Reef' is underway!!!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eve's Reef.
I'm sure one of the Mod's can create that in a thread name.
I like it, and you have my support and mind on this incredible build.

aandfsoccr04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool of you to do this in her honor. Sorry for your loss and I will follow this incredible build. Praying for you and your family's continuing strength.

11f150

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flyfisher, this is great you are doing this. I really wish the best of luck with the build and I hope the tank looks awesome once everything is growing. You have some of the best coral shops right there in your area. Good luck.

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I am a new guy on this forum. Just joined 2 days ago and I have liked it so far and now I love it after reading this. If you feel this strongly that this forum taught her that much to share this projuct on here must speak to how wonderful and helpful people are on here. I think I have found the right place for me.

I am sorry for you loss. You can see her love of life in her smile.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eve's Reef, outstanding. It's great that you are carrying out her love for the hobby. I look forward to seeing this reef come together in memory of Eve.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all of you for your words of praise and encouragement. Please feel free to share your expertise and lend advice in this project. This is a joint effort and I would like it to be as if she were doing it. It is after all Eve's Reef

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HTML:
stanleoOk I am a new guy on this forum. Just joined 2 days ago and I have liked it so far and now I love it after reading this. If you feel this strongly that this forum taught her that much to share this projuct on here must speak to how wonderful and helpful people are on here. I think I have found the right place for me.

stanleo,

welcome to reef2reef!!!

Yes I do feel that strongly about this group. I visit other forums but none have shown this genuine concern and friendship. I believe you have made a wise choice. Enjoy the hobby!

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Praying for the family! But my God is no respector of persons. He removed the cancer from my grandmother He can do it for Cory Girl.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Praying for the family! But my God is no respector of persons. He removed the cancer from my grandmother He can do it for Cory Girl.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm very glad to hear that it was in His will to heal your grandmother. If you read back a little you'll see that eve passed on in February of 2013.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
She was a beautiful person! I am so happy that her dream lives on. Out of ashes comes something beautiful!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back