Good crab or bad crab??

dan’s tanks

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
22
Reaction score
17
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250729_170910_51D31524-5A7B-4BDC-8732-19DD3539636B.png

Got this little guy In some live rock from Tampa bay saltwater. I’m assuming he’s bad so I isolated him to a cup. I’m pretty sure it’s a gorilla crab, but I just wanted to know if he’s safe to keep.
 
Looks like a gorilla crab, and yes, it's bad. You don't want it in your tank, but you could always keep it in a sump or separate tank (just beware of them damaging wires).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new