Good lid or screen top for my tank?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a pic of all my equipment. Is it an eyesore?

50EC803C-F1AA-4E17-B9D4-1A3D1D437CEC.jpeg
Do the brs diy mesh and make it 1" short to allow for your equipment.
The cutouts aren't necessary, the fish won't escape.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently waiting on a top lids ... been waiting for 4 months.. I will say they make a quality product but their customer service sucks and communication. Lol their phone doesn’t work either... kinda would have scared me if I didn’t see everyone posting their kids from them.

tundra420619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently waiting on a top lids ... been waiting for 4 months.. I will say they make a quality product but their customer service sucks and communication. Lol their phone doesn’t work either... kinda would have scared me if I didn’t see everyone posting their kids from them.
Sorry to hear that, I had the opposite experience. It took maybe 4weeks and all my communications were quick and very responsive. I hope it comes soon. Be sure to show us here.

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The timeline on Clearview is several months also. I figure this hobby is all about patience anyway and Covid likely plays a part. I need my lid so I can get my little Orange Spotted Goby out of quarantine and into the main tank. He is a jumper and just too cute to lose.
goby.jpg

M

Max_nano

View Badges
I ordered from clearview this weekend and haven’t heard anything back as a confirmation. But I had talked to a local acrylic builder who said sneeze guard production is causing a supply issue with clear polycarbonate and acrylic so I think most sellers will be facing the same issue. Hopefully production increases and the lead times can be lowered. Currently looking at 20+ weeks for my lid, kinda annoying to have to pay in full with such a long lead time

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to wait so I'm using a local acrylic builder, Advanced Acrylics. The gave me a 2 week lead time which should be the end of this week/beginning of next. My tank isn't running yet but I'll post here once I receive it.

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to wait so I'm using a local acrylic builder, Advanced Acrylics. The gave me a 2 week lead time which should be the end of this week/beginning of next. My tank isn't running yet but I'll post here once I receive it.
did you receive your lid already? could you please take a pic?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you receive your lid already? could you please take a pic?
I did receive my lid! While the craftsmanship is great it's not what I expected. After reading back in our texts there was a major oversight on my end. This lid is made from 1/2" acrylic with cutouts. My main concern is a small group of anthias I have in QT for this tank once set up. Perfect bullseye and they may be carpet surfing.

I'm also worried it's going to act as a diffuser/reflector and further spread blue throughout the room. Also block par if it gathers salt creep.

I'll post a detailed review once the tank is wet and lit.

Aside from that is rigid with no sagging and he was able to add a feed door.

20201009_122536.jpg
20201009_122506.jpg
20201009_122540.jpg

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screentop all the way this way you can still have evaporation cooling and then it doesn't get dirty and block out some of your light also doesn't get so hot in my opinion u can also see threw the top better doesn't get covered in condensation

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screentop all the way this way you can still have evaporation cooling and then it doesn't get dirty and block out some of your light also doesn't get so hot in my opinion u can also see threw the top better doesn't get covered in condensation
Agreed. That's basically the major over site I was guilty of. I read a can where a can't actually was lol. All in all it's nice and with my footprint being a standard 120 I'm sure someone on the local forums with a fish only could use it if it doesnt work for my application.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. That's basically the major over site I was guilty of. I read a can where a can't actually was lol. All in all it's nice and with my footprint being a standard 120 I'm sure someone on the local forums with a fish only could use it if it doesnt work for my application.
I actually really like the pictures of it though looks good how long was it and how wide

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did receive my lid! While the craftsmanship is great it's not what I expected. After reading back in our texts there was a major oversight on my end. This lid is made from 1/2" acrylic with cutouts. My main concern is a small group of anthias I have in QT for this tank once set up. Perfect bullseye and they may be carpet surfing.

I'm also worried it's going to act as a diffuser/reflector and further spread blue throughout the room. Also block par if it gathers salt creep.

I'll post a detailed review once the tank is wet and lit.

Aside from that is rigid with no sagging and he was able to add a feed door.

20201009_122536.jpg
20201009_122506.jpg
20201009_122540.jpg
Thank you for your response and pictures. I am actually talking to them now and waiting for a quote. What would you do different If you would do it again?

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from TopLids! They are a joke of a company that do not stand behind their product! Paid $400 for a lid that I can’t use and they won’t correct their mistakes! Their customer service is hurry up and get your money then you wait 4-6 months

Fish_Sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standard glass lids + hinge never goes wrong - cuts down on evap.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back