Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great Morning here on Long Island. We are having old friends come over today and we hope to go out on the boat for dinner. There is a chance of rain but it will be 83 degrees today.
If we go out, it will probably be the last boat ride this year as I am sure we will wake up soon to this o_O

Wow!!! ;Wideyed Y’all really go all out for your ice sculptures!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! @WiscoFishNut I am digging that stand! Nice work! Hubby and I went over finances last night and we are feeling good, we do think we can take on the saltwater hobby maintenance once we get over the initial cost of purchasing everything, happy about that! We have a couple of trips we are saving up for and then I am looking at Summer 2020 to take the leap and buy our tank/setup.

@krbshappy71 Thanks! I actually got the stand off of wayfair.com, then went crazy with velcro and a jigsaw lol. Here's the link if you're interested - rustic stand The upfront cost of going saltwater caught my wife and I off guard as well because I didn't do enough research up front. It's definitely worth it to take your time and make informed purchases to begin with.

Nice work! It’s stylish, functional, and well organized!

@Peace River Thanks! For $150 and a bit of velcro I think it turned out pretty dang nice! I may put an insert behind the metal grill bit if the lights get distracting.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be mostly cloudy here today
IMG_1533-L.jpg

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got jetlag so I still call it the morning at the moment.

Missed all the smiling faces as I've been on a couple of adventures for a couple of months...Sturgis...Route 66 on my Road King Classic and then met up with an old Navy buddy and we flew to Okinawa Japan where we were stationed '77 to '80 and checked out all the changes, as well as some awesome SCUBA...only bad part of the adventure, was losing my phone...still a blast.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Morning everyone! BRRR! 52 degrees waking up this morning. Had to kick on the heat! Nothing like that smell of turning on the heat for the first time of the season.
No Kidding. Time to wear my jacket to work.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Kidding. Time to wear my jacket to work.
Freezing this morning! Did you guys get flooded like we did? The whole front street was underwater and the creek up the road overflowed into the street. THey had all kinds of roads closed off, we couldn't even leave our house. Luckily were on a hill to my house and basement remained dry. But sump pump is running overtime right now

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
salted caramel coffee !!!

1570034751703.png

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Missed all the smiling faces as I've been on a couple of adventures for a couple of months...Sturgis...Route 66 on my Road King Classic and then met up with an old Navy buddy and we flew to Okinawa Japan where we were stationed '77 to '80 and checked out all the changes, as well as some awesome SCUBA...only bad part of the adventure, was losing my phone...still a blast.

I was sure the shark had finally swallowed.

Weather update - clearing this afternoon. Mostly sunny.
IMG_1536-XL.jpg

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freezing this morning! Did you guys get flooded like we did? The whole front street was underwater and the creek up the road overflowed into the street. THey had all kinds of roads closed off, we couldn't even leave our house. Luckily were on a hill to my house and basement remained dry. But sump pump is running overtime right now

That was a lot of rain! Only had a little bit of water in our basement fortunately. I hate to say it, but I'm ready for winter @Crabs McJones & @vetteguy53081 .. All this freaking rain made the mosquitoes nasty and I'm trying to not think about how many bills we've had from the lawn service company..

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ouch - no we didn't. As you know, we're in a wooded area which helps.
I understand by the lake, there was flooding but mainly due to clogged sewer drains. I did hear Fondy and Ripon got it good.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That was a lot of rain! Only had a little bit of water in our basement fortunately. I hate to say it, but I'm ready for winter @Crabs McJones & @vetteguy53081 .. All this freaking rain made the mosquitoes nasty and I'm trying to not think about how many bills we've had from the lawn service company..
NO winter here please but I can say we had a heavy population of Dragon Flies in many colors and Havent seen a single Skeeter until 2 weeks ago and they are hungry and plentiful. All we need is a 40 degree night or two and they'll be on their butts. It reminds me “ ANYTHING I HATE MORE THAN A MOSQUITO IS TWO OF THEM !! “

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We were looking for you. Welcome Home
1570100749217.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back