OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the young one doing with the ear infection?
I'm assuming that she isnt feeling well but isnt telling us because she absolutely hates taking medication. Yesterday she took a 2 hour nap and then at 7:30 PM decided she was ready for bed which is so far out of character for her. She must be feeling pretty bad :( I haven't seen her yet today as she slept over at grandmas house last night, but from what I'm told she didnt have any ear issues so hopefully that aspect of it has passed. Now most likely shes suffering from a cold that has been working it's way through our family.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming that she isnt feeling well but isnt telling us because she absolutely hates taking medication. Yesterday she took a 2 hour nap and then at 7:30 PM decided she was ready for bed which is so far out of character for her. She must be feeling pretty bad :( I haven't seen her yet today as she slept over at grandmas house last night, but from what I'm told she didnt have any ear issues so hopefully that aspect of it has passed. Now most likely shes suffering from a cold that has been working it's way through our family.
Hopefully it has indeed passed. I also hope your whole family gets well soon.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

I am riding the train pondering reefing.

I have kept aquariums on my own since 1988. I find that much of the science I learned starting in High School was quite useful as a base. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, all of the sciences are at play in reefing. I love that it is all kept fresh in my head through this hobby.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lovemyreef2015 you know...the mommy high five...
I'm happy just to sleep for 3 hours at a time lol. I remember the first time I slept in after having my first.. In another year or so I look forward to maybe sleeping in again!
animated_15373553130380011.gif

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a bit rainy here.

8993F8BB-2AFE-4C52-A5F0-7CFDAA14A1FA.jpeg

Were you lucky enough to be on high ground?

Or is it just inland that is dealing with the flooding?

I assume your soil base is sandy and therefor drains fairly easy, but just looks like another day there...

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm happy just to sleep for 3 hours at a time lol. I remember the first time I slept in after having my first.. In another year or so I look forward to maybe sleeping in again!
animated_15373553130380011.gif
Too bad we don't live close. I'd gladly help out. I get it...no family here for us.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad we don't live close. I'd gladly help out. I get it...no family here for us.
Aww thank you! I would help you out too if we lived closer! Not having anyone close is tough, we definitely understand that. Here is the perfect definition of toddlers (well all little ones lol)
Screenshot_20180919-072811_Google.jpg

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.. totally forgot I didn’t have to take my kid to school! Great start to a morning ☕

Happy Yom Kippur (no, I am not Jewish, but my kids are off too, so why not).

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you lucky enough to be on high ground?

Or is it just inland that is dealing with the flooding?

I assume your soil base is sandy and therefor drains fairly easy, but just looks like another day there...
We were far enough north to miss most of it since it turned south. My house sits in a higher spot on the island, probably 10-15’ above sea level if you count the pilings it sits on.

South of us got it rough with the flooding. I can’t imagine if we had the flooding like New Bern, NC.

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would update the job interview thing again, looks like it isn't going to happen. The short version is that I work for one of this companies largest distributors in this area. Their rule as always been to not hire from distributors, especially management. The director of sales was ready to break the rule to get me, but he is now gone. The guy filling in for his duties at the moment is not so keen on the idea and flat out said no. There is a chance I could still go to work for them, but it would require relocating. Spoke to the family about it and everybody is on board. Still makes me nervous, my wife and I both were born and raised in west Texas and haven't left yet (minus a year she spent in alaska before we were married). We shall see what happens, I'd still like the chance to get on with them.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back