Good Morning!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update from the" firebug"WHOO HOO..watching firewood fall from the heavens in my front yard,saving me some 3-4 story culling of dead wood,and unfortunetly i HAVE TOO do this :rolleyes:
edit :is not mine ,is the gif thing..no animals were injured in making of this video ;) :p giphy(2).gif

First thing I thought when seeing this?

Those chairs are not far enough apart.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And there goes the power :( The powerheads are on battery backup and dropped in a couple battery powered airstones. I knew I should have dragged the generator around, but the worst weather dodged us. Not sure whats up with the power outage.

Glad your power is back! Which battery backup do you use for the power heads? I have an MP40 and an Octo Pulse 2. I have a portable generator for a big outage, but I was thinking of something else to use for just a short storm outage without dragging the generator out in the backyard.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning all...coming from living in river community in northern il..lots of outages trees fallen,everyone used generac!
all claimed best thing ever bought,i never had one,but was able to borrow 3 and buy 1 gas genee,cheap,they did not need them anymore ended up storing all in wood shed for years :rolleyes::)

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Cloudy and dreary here today, with thunderstorms expected this afternoon. Hopefully, nothing too bad.

Tomorrow: Box from ReefCleaners

Friday: Box from Top Shelf Aquatics

giphy.gif

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your power is back! Which battery backup do you use for the power heads? I have an MP40 and an Octo Pulse 2. I have a portable generator for a big outage, but I was thinking of something else to use for just a short storm outage without dragging the generator out in the backyard.

For the MP10's I'm just using the Ecotech battery backup. I may get a second one, but honestly if I'm needing them to last more than 5-6 hours I'll be firing up the generator most likely so it'd be a moot point. I wouldn't mind also looking at a DIY UPS system as an alternative. I think there are some threads on here about the subject. Might have to check em out and see if that makes more sense than dropping $$ on an auto switchover whole house generator.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the MP10's I'm just using the Ecotech battery backup. I may get a second one, but honestly if I'm needing them to last more than 5-6 hours I'll be firing up the generator most likely so it'd be a moot point. I wouldn't mind also looking at a DIY UPS system as an alternative. I think there are some threads on here about the subject. Might have to check em out and see if that makes more sense than dropping $$ on an auto switchover whole house generator.

Thanks, and I completely agree on the hours. If it's going to be more than a few hours, I'll pull out the generator. I didn't know if the Ecotech would work with my MP40 and also the Reef Octopus pump. I saw something awhile back where somebody used a computer backup battery to run pumps and wondered about that. I bought my generator about 11 years ago after I set up my first reef tank. We had bad storms that knocked some people out of power for more than a week, and they lost everything in their tanks. I bought it as an insurance policy!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, and I completely agree on the hours. If it's going to be more than a few hours, I'll pull out the generator. I didn't know if the Ecotech would work with my MP40 and also the Reef Octopus pump. I saw something awhile back where somebody used a computer backup battery to run pumps and wondered about that. I bought my generator about 11 years ago after I set up my first reef tank. We had bad storms that knocked some people out of power for more than a week, and they lost everything in their tanks. I bought it as an insurance policy!
It'll work with the MP40 for sure, I don't think the pump would work tho.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning all..59 degrees here was mid 90's 4 in a row ,last nights low was 80 o_O i'm freezing;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
good morning all..59 degrees here was mid 90's 4 in a row ,last nights low was 80 o_O i'm freezing;)
64 and sunny climbing to 75.
Freezing?? Watcha gonna do when winter returns? :D

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now for good morning! It's 62 degrees here in the south (not complaining) and the peacock on the horse farm not too far away is crowing? Tweeting? Screeching? Making loud noise?

My work computer has already locked up and I can turn 90 degrees to my home computer and what do you know, Reef2Reef magically appears! It's more fun than work anyway...

I'm looking forward to my CUC addition today. After my horrible GHA battle last fall, I definitely can use some reinforcements!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 58 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back