Good Morning!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Weekend has officially started!!

giphy.gif

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I was going to make a nice breakfast for My wife and our best friends next door. I forgot it is Friday and we normally go out for breakfast.
I figured I would make some eggs, potatoes toast etc and I got some nice farm fresh potatoes and I was going to make a new breakfast recipe for the potatoes which meant I had to slice them very thin.

We have one of those hand slicer things where you slide the potato back and forth and it goes into the slicer and slices the thing.
I have used it many times and you don't have to be a rocket scientist. But you really have to be careful.

So it was going well until I sliced off the end of my finger. This isn't good because I am getting blood all over the slicer and I didn't want to get it on the potatoes because we have ketchup if we want them red. :rolleyes:

So I wrap a paper towel around it and figure I can still keep slicing to finish my breakfast menu.
I take another potato and continue slicing. Oops, I slice my other finger and almost cut off the tip of that one off.
I didn't go to college but I assumed it was time to stop using the slicer.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this morning I was going to make a nice breakfast for My wife and our best friends next door. I forgot it is Friday and we normally go out for breakfast.
I figured I would make some eggs, potatoes toast etc and I got some nice farm fresh potatoes and I was going to make a new breakfast recipe for the potatoes which meant I had to slice them very thin.

We have one of those hand slicer things where you slide the potato back and forth and it goes into the slicer and slices the thing.
I have used it many times and you don't have to be a rocket scientist. But you really have to be careful.

So it was going well until I sliced off the end of my finger. This isn't good because I am getting blood all over the slicer and I didn't want to get it on the potatoes because we have ketchup if we want them red. :rolleyes:

So I wrap a paper towel around it and figure I can still keep slicing to finish my breakfast menu.
I take another potato and continue slicing. Oops, I slice my other finger and almost cut off the tip of that one off.
Yup, sounds like it's time to go out for breakfast lol

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dude! Those mandolins are dangerous.. My wife bought this chainmail type glove thing after she did the same thing(only one finger tho lol).

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

I find I really forget the little things when they’ve been absent for quite a while.

wife to be and I had an amazing evening with some high school friends I haven’t seen in a decade. During the midst of that we found someone who welds. So we may have found someone to make the stand for my build. Fast forward today.

woke up after the best nights sleep I’ve had in months. And it’s all because I got to wake up next to the one I love.

life is good. I hope the rest of you have a great Saturday!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! With your guys' kind words and support decided to push on and keep the channel going! So excited about it, and big thanks to you all! Hope you enjoy this weeks video doing a tank tour of the tank within my build thread enjoy! Happy Saturday Reefers!

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
There are stands to be made and fish to feed. Water changes to do. Glass to be cleaned.
Rise and shine.
It's just gonna be one of those days. Decided to clean out the skimmer cup, while removing it, butterfingers me fumbled it and went flying through the air, landing and spattering skimmate all over.... lucky I've been skimming wet so it wasn't that stinky. Maintenance will conclude on another day

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!! Not sure what's on the agenda today yet. Husband is chasing that little white ball around the golf course. It's quiet around here, so I may just sit back and enjoy. ;Joyful
Golf: god's gift to spouses

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its gonna get wet here soon. At least grass cut and all outside stuff done yesterday.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back