Good Morning!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish and livestock are in it? Have you done any sampling or collecting there?
so full disclosure this is not my tank. i had it on my computer and i posted it thinking it was local. i could not place it so i cheated and looked at the tag on the picture "Glencarlyn Park, Arlington Va." it was something my son texted me.
the river here is different. the temperature was cool when i waded across it today, there is a lot of algae, something is eating the CUC, there are empty mussel shells everywhere and i am pretty sure most of the fish have Ich.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Deadlines - time to get busy!

giphy.gif

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!! Happy Friday!! Once again, we are watching the gulf coast. I'm ready for 2020 to be over, for multiple reasons!! We're supposed to have 4 days of rain/thunderstorms, but nothing like the coast. Take care, everyone! :)

giphy.gif

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a delivery today. two pump hubs to allow me to put current usa eflex wave pumps on basement tanks and a battery powered air pump that i have wanted for 'just-in-case', and the five suet cakes that filled up the order to get free shipping.
meanwhile i need 14 miles today to beat my personal best workweek distance.
Good Morning!! coffee and feet don't fail me now!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a delivery today. two pump hubs to allow me to put current usa eflex wave pumps on basement tanks and a battery powered air pump that i have wanted for 'just-in-case', and the five suet cakes that filled up the order to get free shipping.
meanwhile i need 14 miles today to beat my personal best workweek distance.
Good Morning!! coffee and feet don't fail me now!

I'm also getting goodies today - in my case from BRS. I'm curious how many people know what suet is? That takes me back a few years. 14 miles isn't very far if you're driving, but based on my experience it is a whole lot farther if you are on foot!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning.
@Peace River Is there anywhere I could buy some friends for my little killifish

Louie like suet. We have to keep them in the cabinet or he chews on them and makes a mess.

I am not currently keeping any Lucania parva (rainwater killifish) and I am not sure when I will be able to collect more (I will keep you in mind if I find some). You may want to reach out to Mark at Jonah's Aquarium - he doesn't have them in stock now, but he does have them listed on his available by special order list. Please realize that this species can be kept in fresh, brackish, or full saltwater so make sure that you know the salinity of the water where the fish has been kept.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What’s the difference between a cat and a complex sentence?
A cat has claws at the end of its paws and a complex sentence has a pause at the end of its clause.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also getting goodies today - in my case from BRS. I'm curious how many people know what suet is? That takes me back a few years. 14 miles isn't very far if you're driving, but based on my experience it is a whole lot farther if you are on foot!
I forgot I have a new light tile being delivered.
Also, with the wife spending more on the local birds than I on the tank, I know what suet are.
:cool:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! I also get some fun reef goodies today. I'm getting a Sicce SDC pump. I won't be able to hook it up until Monday night though. Have a great day and stay safe!
I think you will be happy with the pump selection.
:cool:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a flustercuck.
dropped off the desktop for the new upgraded laptop.
IT is in such a hurry to get me out of there, not their fault upper management has changed their minds on what to do hourly. that I didn't get the docking station. so no power supply, no hook up to my two external monitors. ANNNNNnnnnnd nothing worked as it did previous. I admit it. As long as I've done my job on a computer, for as long as I have been a pc gamer I am completely bamboozled to how they work.
all I want is for everything to work when I hit "ON". I don't want to know how to set anything up. that's not in my job description.
ok.... rant over.
enjoy the weekend.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
made the 14 miles. was still 4 miles from home when a friend slowed and asked if i wanted a ride. Yes i would! I did not know how far it was around the airport. turns out 9.85 miles. Glad the week is over; 55 walking miles in 5 days. my personal best. goodies were on the porch when i got home!!

Back