Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iu

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had another fun experience at work. We are having our parking lot scraped down. The ice had gotten up to about 10 inches deep and it will be 40 next week. They started on it yesterday. They use a giant excavator to do it. Our parking lot is full of trucks with 20 -40 toy haulers. This guy just drives around quickly and scrapes about half of the lot. Today they bring an extra excavator and a skid steer as well. All three tractors are running around cleaning everything up. The largest one is doing all thee scraping. He gets to an area that is solid ice and not compacted snow. he keeps rocking the tractor, go forward, go back, and repeat. He does this five times successfully. The sixth time he comes back about 6 inches too far and slams into a three story hotel buckling the load barring wall and breaking a couple of windows. He missed destroying the building by six inches in either direction. I have to buy new underwear.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Saturday Everyone!
Rain, rain, rain and then more rain. That’s our forecast for the weekend.
Angela got home yesterday afternoon and was very pleased to find the house all detailed. I get the weekend off from chores!
Going to the LFS this morning for more Pods and live Phytoplankton, nothing else ;) . Hopefully the reptile store is back on track and has crickets in stock again. They got their delivery the week of the storms but they all arrived DOA. My girls need something to chase. Wish we could let them out to free range but we can’t until Animal Control does something about the neighbors wild roaming dogs.
We will be setting up the huge cage for Priscilla the opossum today. She is almost big enough to be moved into it. Should be a fun project.
We blasted the salt off of the escape at the coin-op car wash last night on the way to dinner. Still pretty dirty but at least you could see out the windows now.
Hope Y’all have a great day! Stay Safe!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It’s 4° outside and falling. No snow today hopefully. I beat dinos with a 3 day blackout. Now to figure out where my silicates are coming from. Finally got a positive ID on the weird algae. It’s diatoms covering GHA. Microscopes are cool. Have a great day. This where the tractor hit the hotel.

Attachments

• 2AF7B272-9DF3-4234-AC20-1F8DFB2A880B.jpeg
    2AF7B272-9DF3-4234-AC20-1F8DFB2A880B.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 5

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The start of a new Doorwall ;)
It's right next to the main doors which no longer close. Who needs to close the doors in winter anyway? The funny part is we are going to extend the building on the other side. It would have been ok if he hit it over there.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Spotty showers today. The rain is getting rid of the snow
I’m getting bored just sitting around and not be able to do anything. Especially when there’s so much to do. I’m not one for just sitting around for very long. Got my stitches out yesterday. Can start weaning myself off the sling starting next week. Also start physical therapy next week. Can start driving again at the end of next week. Have a great day everyone!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all. Thought I’d check in before all my meds kick in and I’m too incoherent to talk let alone type.
Surgery went well. Gave me a nerve block that last 96 hours so no pain yet. It is starting to wear off today though, so I’ll see how that goes. I’m taking two different anti inflammatory drugs that just knock me out. I will be glad when I can quit taking them (3more days). Can’t take a shower until day 4, which is today!! Yeah! My husband will be thankful for that. Wanted to thank everyone for all the well wishes and PM’s sent. Hope everyone is safe and warm.
Nerve blocks are the best! Speedy recovery and I hope you have minimal pain.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning y’all. Just rain here. I plan on doing some cleaning, some writing, some reading, recording some videos and hopefully editing some Footage to get up on YouTube.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It’s 4° outside and falling. No snow today hopefully. I beat dinos with a 3 day blackout. Now to figure out where my silicates are coming from. Finally got a positive ID on the weird algae. It’s diatoms covering GHA. Microscopes are cool. Have a great day. This where the tractor hit the hotel.
Oh Noooo ! hope his insurance is paid up.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Noooo ! hope his insurance is paid up.
He is the only licensed and bonded snow removal company in this part of the state. During the summer they are contractors. The damage is minor but extensive. He moved most of the building a fraction of an inch.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So yeah, I made it through another week.

time gauntlet GIF

I tried to tell myself it was just training for something, then myself asked: "Training for WHAT?"

Self reflection can be overrated.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back