Good Morning!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Good morning. It's going to be a long, long day.

Sleepy Bad Day GIF by truTV

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone!
Beautiful day here. Crystal clear but still a little cool @35*.
I moved some corals around last night to make more space for the new Fungia to be able to extend sweepers without stinging anything. It’s still not really putting out any tentacles yet. Now I have to move the Weeping Willow because it’s not getting enough light and it’s too close to the Elegance. Looks like another day of wet elbows and Clown fish bites.
Have a great day!
Stay Safe!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Good Morning!
temp 50's yesterday 20's today; i found the 50's channel on sirius yesterday but don't think they have a 20's station to go with today.
this guy has been hanging out by himself down the road since last Wednesday; River is high so he found a yard. IMG_2331.JPG
photo courtesy of a friend of mine

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Good morning! It was 5° this morning. Should be mid 30s this afternoon. It is slowly warning up and the days are getting noticeably longer. I am shocked the phyto wasn’t frozen. My gallon jars and other supplies to start growing and harvesting it should be in today and tomorrow. Hopefully. Have a great day and stay safe!

SWEET 17 After Sale!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Got the UV plumbed in. It came missing a part but I was able to use one from a different UV I had laying around. MD just wanted to replace the whole unit. Aqua Ultraviolet walked me through it and is sending me the missing part. This is the last item I ever order from MD.
I also just got done rebuilding my hot water heater. I need a shower badly.

sp1187

The Great Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Got the UV plumbed in. It came missing a part but I was able to use one from a different UV I had laying around. MD just wanted to replace the whole unit. Aqua Ultraviolet walked me through it and is sending me the missing part. This is the last item I ever order from MD.
I also just got done rebuilding my hot water heater. I need a shower badly.
not a fan of MD. my one and only purchase I wanted sent to my parents house so it wasn't sitting on my porch till I got home. they refused saying because I was a first time buyer from them, they wouldn't do this so to to protect me from credit card fraud. :rolleyes: plus I sat on chat for 1/2 hour + waiting for their so called customer service.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
not a fan of MD. my one and only purchase I wanted sent to my parents house so it wasn't sitting on my porch till I got home. they refused saying because I was a first time buyer from them, they wouldn't do this so to to protect me from credit card fraud. :rolleyes: plus I sat on chat for 1/2 hour + waiting for their so called customer service.
That makes no sense. Shipping address and payment address. They don’t have to match.

sp1187

The Great Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
That makes no sense. Shipping address and payment address. They don’t have to match.
exactly, which is why I will never do business with them again. that and the temp monitor failed, and there is no customer service. I had to deal directly with the monitor company that shipped me a new one.

SWEET 17 After Sale!
BRS

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Good Morning! installed my auto feeder in the eggcrate replacing my jif jar cutoff manual pellet keeper
i had no place to put it with the glass tops, the jif plastic was covered with coralline and the fish had stopped going inside for the pellets
IMG_1669 2.jpeg IMG_1673 2.jpeg IMG_1674.jpeg IMG_2334.jpeg

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Good morning! It was 7 this morning. Warming up quickly and we should reach the 40 today. Hopefully the town will start scraping the roads soon so I can take my bicycle out for a little ride. I might go to the fly shop today. It’s time to start getting my flies made up for the season. Have a great day and stay safe!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I got this new Jeep a few weeks ago and yesterday I had to take my wife 60 miles away for a Dr. appointment.
I get in the Jeep and start it. While in my driveway my wife says she forgot her pocketbook in the house so I open the door, go in and get it. No problem.

I drive 55 miles, without stopping or opening the window or door and it beeps and says "The Key Fob left the Vehicle".
This car doesn't really use a key, it is a stupid thing that just has to be in the car. I keep it on a belt loop with a brass hook.

I look at the thing on my belt and just the ring is there on the hook, the electronic thing that starts the car is gone.

We go to a diner and I stupidly figure the fob fell under the seat and I search for it. Of course if it was under the seat, the car would start but now we are in a diner parking lot, 60 miles from home and the car won't start.

I call Jeep and ask them if there is any way to start this car without the key fob, I figured maybe through osmosis or black magic. No such luck.
I called my friend and asked him to pick up my wife and bring her to her Dr. which he did.

Luckily I am friends with the diner owner who doesn't even have a fish tank and he offers me his car to drive home, the 60 miles and get my other key fob.

I do that and open my garage expecting to find the thing on the garage floor. Nope. I can't find it anyplace.
I had to have it to initially start the car, but now it disappeared off the face of the Earth.

I drove the guys car back (after I filled it with gas) and started my car with the spare key fob. I have been looking all morning but there is only like a 10 square spot where I walked before I got in the car. It's unbelievable and weird. Interesting, but weird.

The key fob is $350.00 so like the price of 4 or 5 copperband butterflies. :p

Car.jpg

Lazys Coral House

What have you found to be the best things/methods to beat hair algae? (choose all that apply)

• Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 108 17.0%
  • Lawn Mower Blenny (or other fish)

Votes: 142 22.3%
  • Manual Removal

Votes: 296 46.5%
  • Rock Scrubbing

Votes: 136 21.4%
  • Lowered Phosphates

Votes: 136 21.4%
  • Tank Blackouts

Votes: 35 5.5%