Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would think you have a constant gingerfro in one region...

Blame @Eagle_Steve ...
Ok that’s not as bad as I thought you were gonna post. My wife laughed a ton at that and then made a comment about how to fix it. I can’t post that comment.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would tend to agree with you on all points! However, I have to say, when I run there is a very noticable difference between having a dew point of 78 degrees versus a dew point of even 70 degrees. Believe me, it causes much more strain and physical exertion to achieve the same results.

Notice in the pic you posted the actual temperature is not shown.

The place where 107 appears on the app. Does the actual temp usually appear there or does it always say feels like?
Just curious.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, y’all!

I didn’t get home from bowling with my work fam until laaaaaaaaaate! We had so much fun.

This morning is getting started off with coffee and donuts from a little local shop, and then I’m off to the LFS for the last few supplies I need for my Cube 20 to get up and running. My 3 year old is VERY excited.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

It was a steamer here yesterday and more hotness expected today. Hope you're all staying cool and being cooler!

Screenshot_20190719-170316_The Weather Channel.jpg
Yuck! Looks like our weather yesterday.. I need to move even further north lol. Today looks much better tho
Screenshot_2019-07-20-07-40-29.jpeg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice in the pic you posted the actual temperature is not shown.

The place where 107 appears on the app. Does the actual temp usually appear there or does it always say feels like?
Just curious.

It's the app from The Weather Channel. The actual temp does appear and is located further up in the app. Here are a couple of screenshots I just took to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20190720-084443_The Weather Channel.jpg

Screenshot_20190720-084453_The Weather Channel.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually been quite nice here. Must be my Mediterranean genes.
My wife always thinks it too hot or cold and the temp only has to change 2 degrees.

I have Nordic genes and, while I believe most like the cold/cooler temps, I love the heat! If it seemed like I was complaining then I came across wrong.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also rather have 100 degrees than zero. Today it will be almost 100 degrees here but the pool, which is 100 yards from my front door is a cool 70 and the bay under my boat where I will spend the afternoon is around 68. :p Retirement is tough :rolleyes:

We had overnight guests last night and just came back from breakfast. Actually two of them came on a 4 hour boat ride to get here from the south shore of Long Island and docked next to my boat here in Peconic. I love this place and am so glad we moved. :cool:

Last night was fabulous. No, my Copperband butterfly didn't have babies and Christie Brinkley didn't knock on my door to borrow a cup of Instant Ocean salt.
It was almost better than that.

We went to a wine pairing with very old friends which I didn't really want to go to. I figured it would be in some restaurant and it was just to nice to do that.

To our surprise it was in an apple orchard right next to the trees. It was a beautiful night and the food was about the best I have ever had and I eat at a lot of restaurants.
Our old neighborhood didn't have wineries, vineyards or apple orchards.

The Chef was there to explain every bite of the four course dinner and the Vintner, who was a very nice young Lady explained each of the many wines we had that were all made in local wineries from grapes grown a few hundred yards from where we ate.
(If calling someone a Young lady is not PC, Don't read my posts because that was to me, and just about every one else, a sign of respect for a thousand years) :)

The fresh tuna steak was caught and brought to the local dock a couple of miles away and the meat for the fillet Mignon was also raised there. :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuck! Looks like our weather yesterday.. I need to move even further north lol. Today looks much better tho
Screenshot_2019-07-20-07-40-29.jpeg
So it was in the upper 90's in wisco yesterday, guess whose AC unit decided to die yesterday afternoon! :mad:;Punch;Rage

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the new thing. It's 93 but they are trying to convince me it's 110.
EMERGENCY EMERGENCY EMERGENCY
It's not news anymore and I rarely watch it.

Played ball in the yard with Bear. He didn't catch on fire or anything.

On the news last night. Crushing heat killing everything, 10000 scouts come to the state for national jamboree. I guess they will all die.

Expose - Counties with highest overdose deaths had highest wholesale drug shipments.
They are extorting money from drug wholesalers for the "opioid crisis" because thay shipped to many pain killers.
That's as earth shattering as figuring out the counties with the most cars sold the most gas.
The average American must be dumber than my cat now. That was planned too.
Ned, I have been writing for four decades and I have worked in news for two decades. You are not incorrect in your assessment. I have seen a major decline in writing ability, in writing skills and perceive a loss of personal writing style. Entities also concluded it was a waste of money to employ Copy Editors and simply let the mistakes through now and correct later. This is not across the board, but prevalent to the most popular forms of news.

I also think you get better journalism from a national source. Local print and television media has always been a vehicle for ad sales. In the past though, there was still journalistic integrity. Then, these stations and newspapers learned, if they paid much less, they could still sell their goods. Less pay often leads to less skill. In addition to paying less, they also combine jobs. A TV reporter in the field that wants a job these days better be able to edit their own video, do their own makeup, etc. There are also major players in local news with a proud agenda.

Sinclair Broadcast Group for example directs all of their affiliates what to say and promote with a deeply conservative agenda. They even own more than one local affiliate in some markets. In Pensacola they own the ABC and the NBC affiliate (and two independents). In Bakersfield, FOX and CBS. Flint, they own NBC and FOX. You get the idea. I could go on with several more.

You say people must be dumb, I do not think that is any worse than historically. I think what is different is people want their information quick and clean. Instead of a thoughtful write up that makes you think, it is just easier to be told what to think in a headline or meme. The degradation of news is coming from both sides. The greed and agenda of the provider and the laziness of the viewer. It is a sign that generally we simply no longer care to make the EFFORT. Integrity means taking the time to do what is right. To pay a little more as a consumer or make a little less as a company to do what is right. This is not just in news, but I use it as an example. It could just as easily have been retail. Walmart is cheapest, Amazon most convenient. That is why they are huge despite poor treatment of their workforce. We just say we don’t have time to do better as a society. We should make the time wherever we can.

Last edited:

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ned, I have been writing for four decades and I have worked in news for two decades. You are not incorrect in your assessment. I have seen a major decline in writing ability, in writing skills and perceive a loss of personal writing style. Entities also concluded it was a waste of money to employ Copy Editors and simply let the mistakes through now and correct later. This is not across the board, but prevalent to the most popular forms of news.

I also think you get better journalism from a national source. Local print and television media has always been a vehicle for ad sales. In the past though, there was still journalistic integrity. Then, these stations and newspapers learned, if they paid much less, they could still sell their goods. Less pay often leads to less skill. In addition to paying less, they also combine jobs. A TV reporter in the field that wants a job these days better be able to edit their own video, do their own makeup, etc. There are also major players in local news with a proud agenda.

Sinclair Broadcast Group for example directs all of their affiliates what to say and promote with a deeply conservative agenda. They even own more than one local affiliate in some markets. In Pensacola they own the ABC and the NBC affiliate (and two independents). In Bakersfield, FOX and CBS. Flint, they own NBC and FOX. You get the idea. I could go on with several more.

You say people must be dumb, I do not think that is any worse than historically. I think what is different is people want their information quick and clean. Instead of a thoughtful write up that makes you think, it is just easier to be told what to think in a headline or meme. The degradation of news is coming from both sides. The greed and agenda of the provider and the laziness of the viewer. It is a sign that generally we simply no longer care to make the EFFORT. Integrity means taking the time to do what is right. To pay a little more as a consumer or make a little less as a company to do what is right. This is not just in news, but I use it as an example. It could just as easily have been retail. Walmart is cheapest, Amazon most convenient. That is why they are huge despite poor treatment of their workforce. We just say we don’t have time to do better as a society. We should make the time wherever we can.

I took journalism in high school. 99% of the copy I see in the media would fail the class I had.

If I handed you something that burned your hand how many more times would you let me hand you something. The first 3 times I said I'm sorry
There is a point where it becomes obvious that deception is the intention
and it wasn't an honest mistake.
As to the liberal/conservative thing. Neither of those words mean what they did long ago when I learned the concepts anymore.

As to the dumb thing. I don't intentionally call people dumb. At least I try not to.
I am not perfect. Nor do I claim to be. Me saying something trying to get someone to think a little more deeply about something does not mean I think they are dumb. In fact just the opposite. If I though they were dumb I wouldn't bother.
This seems to have become a societal norm. Asking someone to consider a bit different point of view is now the equivalent to calling them a name.
That pretty much shuts down any and all important conversation.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not want to make this political (because it will just get deleted). I will only say this, if you are rigidly left, or rigidly right you are drinking the Kool Ade they are pouring for you. Keep your mind centered and open and think for yourself.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to explain to some that News are Shows meant to target a specific audience to sell advertising.
Murdoc was brilliant when he chose to cater to the rad-right and produce a patriot radio style of programming that was absent to target and engage that demographic. I also believe its been a strong catalyst to our current woes.

Now Back to the funny papers
One would think you have a constant gingerfro in one region...

Blame @Eagle_Steve ...
I took my daughter to a Laser hair removal place for her Stash. During the initial inquiry a hot blonde informed me that she no longer buys razorso_O I am sometimes clueless so she leaned in and repeated it again in no uncertain terms.;Woot I was throwing Benjamin's and looking for the Brass pole.

Actually two of them came on a 4 hour boat ride to get here from the south shore of Long Island and docked next to my boat here in Peconic.
Next you will be naming your fish Biff and Skippy:cool:
I am truly envious Paul Congrats

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wasn't the people in the government running things that made it this way. It was people on the radio.
It was all going so well until they came along.
I haven't turned on AM radio in 10 years.
News is supposed to inform the public. Propaganda is supposed to make you believe something someone else wants you to think.
The press get special protections in America because they have an important job. They aren't doing it anymore.

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul is having an awesome time doing what he wants to do. So am I. Boats aren't a thing here. You can cruise up and down the river between the locks in water you cant eat the fish you catch out of.

May things work out so that you can do what you want before it is too late to enjoy it.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ned, I am trying to spend all the money I worked for all my life and I am doing a great job of it. Now If I can just plan to run out the same day that I croak, that is the trick. :cool:

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ned, I am trying to spend all the money I worked for all my life and I am doing a great job of it. Now If I can just plan to run out the same day that I croak, that is the trick. :cool:

I don't see anything wrong with that. I had a long discussion about how unfair generational wealth was with a young person. Family is unfair also. Our kids not having school loans to pay off, unfair.
It's like we stole everything we have and never worked like dogs to get it.
There is some scary stuff flying around out there now.
You don't want to be unfair. I certainly don't.

Jill had a cancer removed from her yesterday. Off for another biopsy. It wasn't a bug bite after all.
My kids have their own homes, jobs and lives. We will put Jeanna through vet school and do our own thing. Apparenly I have been unfair in giving our kids the ability to succeed. I thought that was what a parent was supposed to do.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back