Good Morning!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Morning begins with a cup of coffee and a jog. I love variety and coffee.
Good morning. Have you introduced yourself on R2R yet? Say a good hello in the meet and great forum and some nice people will come and say hello to you.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing up we had a prominent doctor living across the street. He had a video camera in his bedroom. In the 70s this was not a small device. A giant camera on a tripod with 2 inch thick legs with a reel to reel video recorder the size of a suitcase. Sony equipment as I recall. High end stuff.
One day his son came out of the house with some of his parents "tools". It caused quite a stir in the neighborhood. Joe had no idea what he was chasing the girls with. It was a different era.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing up we had a prominent doctor living across the street. He had a video camera in his bedroom. In the 70s this was not a small device. A giant camera on a tripod with 2 inch thick legs with a reel to reel video recorder the size of a suitcase. Sony equipment as I recall. High end stuff.
One day his son came out of the house with some of his parents "tools". It caused quite a stir in the neighborhood. Joe had no idea what he was chasing the girls with. It was a different era.
The 70’s were something weren’t they? I’m an 80’s child and growing up, my uncle told the best stories about the 70’s. It made me think growing up in the 80’s and 90’s were boring.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Have you ever started a project only to say "why in the world did I start this project??!!"
I've got that going on right now. My wife and I decided to repaint my oldest daughters room. Shes big into mermaids so we did mermaid scales on one wall, were going to put a clearcoat over it and the clearcoat will include glitter!!!!
Snapchat-1702971639.jpg
The rest of the walls will be a light blue, but we ran into issues removing the trim around the windows. The drywall decided to fall apart, so were patching that up right away as well... 20190811_105305.jpg

So yeah.......fun project

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Have you ever started a project only to say "why in the world did I start this project??!!"
I've got that going on right now. My wife and I decided to repaint my oldest daughters room. Shes big into mermaids so we did mermaid scales on one wall, were going to put a clearcoat over it and the clearcoat will include glitter!!!!
Snapchat-1702971639.jpg
The rest of the walls will be a light blue, but we ran into issues removing the trim around the windows. The drywall decided to fall apart, so were patching that up right away as well... 20190811_105305.jpg

Just splash magic mermaid glitter on the trim! :D

I ran into problems like this before. I had wood flooring and had to strip the floors of paint to reveal the beautiful wood underneath. It was a pain.... to say the least.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminded me of the little girl in neighbors 2 who kept dressing up her mommy’s toys as princesses. ;Hilarious It’s about 19 seconds into the trailer. Not sure if I’m allowed to post the clips from the movie, since it’s rated r. But there’s a video that smooshes them all together.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapchat-1702971639.jpg

One of my neighbors updated all her window trim to thicker craftsman style. It looks really good. I think hers is simpler than this, and probably a little wider too.

B8C1E0A5-1F16-4214-8FFC-01EF3A4EA0E8.jpeg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 70’s were something weren’t they? I’m an 80’s child and growing up, my uncle told the best stories about the 70’s. It made me think growing up in the 80’s and 90’s were boring.

When you went to your friends house and his dad had Playboy on the coffee table to show how cultured he was. Lot's of mothers drinking. Lot's of divorce. An education in what not to do to have a happy life.
Watching him put gas in a running mower and the ensuing fireball. A high level engineer at a local chemical plant. He fixed everything that broke with Scotch tape. He taped Mikes bicycle. I fixed it for him.
Lot's of good memories. We put a worm on Mike and he went home upset. His mother came to yell at us drunk. My mom turned the hose on her. LOL
Like one of those good movies they don't make anymore.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you went to your friends house and his dad had Playboy on the coffee table to show how cultured he was. Lot's of mothers drinking. Lot's of divorce. An education in what not to do to have a happy life.
Watching him put gas in a running mower and the ensuing fireball. A high level engineer at a local chemical plant. He fixed everything that broke with Scotch tape. He taped Mikes bicycle. I fixed it for him.
Lot's of good memories. We put a worm on Mike and he went home upset. His mother came to yell at us drunk. My mom turned the hose on her. LOL
Like one of those good movies they don't make anymore.
Nice stories. And you just documented them forever. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 70’s were something weren’t they? I’m an 80’s child and growing up, my uncle told the best stories about the 70’s.

Most of the fun was over by the 80s. :p You should have seen the 60s. :eek:

When you went to your friends house and his dad had Playboy on the coffee table to show how cultured he was.

I helped build the New York Playboy Club and stayed there for a year after it was done. I am really cultured. ;Woot

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back