Good Morning!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't made a kids cake in a long time.
i-9fmHPW5-M.jpg

The cake is fabulous!!! Everbody who sees my tank calls the clown Nemo. Don't they know his name is Baby Clown?! I hope Paige had a great birthday!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, y'all.

Start my new job tomorrow after ten years with my last company.
So, that, combined with the Escobar Blend coffee I drink Im a little.....anxious.

have a great day, folks
so good news, you get to introduce who you are NOW to your coworkers, bosses and associates without the spectre of OLD YOU talking to them. Be your best self and allow them to be who they are without putting them into boxes by your first impressions. also good news, if it is not a good fit you were looking for work when they hired you...good fortune my friend.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start my new job tomorrow after ten years with my last company.
So, that, combined with the Escobar Blend coffee I drink Im a little.....anxious.

Best of luck in your new job!! You'll do great! ;Joyful

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. It's Monday. I did a water change yesterday and actually changed out my tank heater. That was quite an accomplishment, maneuvering behind the sump to get to the outlet and changing out the controller. I had bought a new heater to eventually replace my old one, which was still working...I was digging through the fish cabinet and found some old paperwork. My last heater had been running for over 6 years...oops! :eek:

I'm trying to be optimistic for a Monday...need more coffee!
giphy.gif

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I took the last truck load of stuff to Virginia yesterday. Jeanna, Lucky, Kit and Olive are at their new home.
I already miss them. Louie is cheering me up.
Woke up yesterday to dark quiet tanks with gasping fish. Water had shot out of the filter sock for the fuge and managed to hit the end of the extension cord I had the lights for it plugged into. I only caused a small fire when I reset the breaker tying to find what was wrong.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.
I took the last truck load of stuff to Virginia yesterday. Jeanna, Lucky, Kit and Olive are at their new home.
I already miss them. Louie is cheering me up.
Woke up yesterday to dark quiet tanks with gasping fish. Water had shot out of the filter sock for the fuge and managed to hit the end of the extension cord I had the lights for it plugged into. I only caused a small fire when I reset the breaker tying to find what was wrong.
Nothing quite like the smell of burning plastic in the morning. Glad to hear it was a small fire. Think I will go check all 60 of my drip loops now. I have a few fish that think it is hilarious to splash water at me every time I walk by the tank without a food bowl.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing quite like the smell of burning plastic in the morning. Glad to hear it was a small fire. Think I will go check all 60 of my drip loops now. I have a few fish that think it is hilarious to splash water at me every time I walk by the tank without a food bowl.
I had a lot of driving time yesterday to think on this. A stream of water directly hit something hanging in space.
The cord wasn't on the floor. I will perhaps change how I have equipment split over the 2 circuits but I couldn't think of any way to fail-safe this.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tropical storm warnings are posted for Tuesday into Wednesday in our area. Gonna guess my neighborhood will be out of power for 2-3 days.
a) Test fire standby generator. Check.
b) Confirm a week's worth of LP. Check.
c) Confirm spare six-pack. Inadequate. Must resolve.

Good Morning!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back