Good Morning!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on a leaf watch. I try to get a picture of my red oak sapling turning color. i planted it as a one foot twig in spring of '17, it is four feet tall now. still green today.
Good Morning! have a wonderful day! productivity is optional...

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Had a quick scare this morning.. Apparently I tried to burn out my return pump. I forgot to plug in my ATO pump after I did a WC yesterday afternoon. There's nothing like the smell of something overheating near your aquarium to get your attention :oops: I think I'm gonna be paranoid for a bit since I actually smelled that lovely "burning plastic" type odor. I've got a backup just in case its toast thankfully..

Last edited:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Columbus Day! the Spanish were looking for new specimens for their tanks and heard of a large fishery source opening up to their West. Sent Chris on a run to check it out. He came back to report good things about the lfs he had found. thus we celebrate annually by buying exotics that we cannot do without. some celebrate more often.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Reaching the end of a job interview, the Human Resources Officer asks a young engineer fresh out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, "And what starting salary are you looking for?"
The engineer replies, "In the region of $125,000 a year, depending on the benefits package."
The interviewer inquires, "Well, what would you say to a package of five weeks vacation, 14 paid holidays, full medical and dental, company matching retirement fund to 50% of salary, and a company car leased every two years, say, a red Corvette?"
The engineer sits up straight and says, "Wow! Are you kidding?"
The interviewer replies, "Yeah, but you started it."

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Wife wakes me up at 3 am saying there is water in the floor. She was up because a dog wanted to go out. She had already thrown a towel down. The towel was not soaked, Just damp. So I watch for an hour and then go back to bed. Which doesn't work anymore. Once I wake I might as well get up. So I did.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning!

giphy.gif

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Wife wakes me up at 3 am saying there is water in the floor. She was up because a dog wanted to go out. She had already thrown a towel down. The towel was not soaked, Just damp. So I watch for an hour and then go back to bed. Which doesn't work anymore. Once I wake I might as well get up. So I did.
Having puddled the floor, i am surprised the dog still wanted to go out.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having puddled the floor, i am surprised the dog still wanted to go out.

Dogs are 2 stories above the tanks at night in our bedroom with the door shut. We learned long ago to not let them roam around at night. Lots of hard targets like trashcans and litter boxes. It was tank water on the towel anyway.

The water was right in the corner between the tanks. There is no ongoing leak and because she had wiped it around with a towel I couldn't tell where it came from or how much was actually on the floor. I have 4 large wave makers in the 240 and every once in a while the timing is such I get a rouge wave that will throw water out of the tank. I asked her to not bother it if it happened again before I looked at it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A husband and wife were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, then they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?"
She leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 54 54.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.0%
Back