Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note.
How do I kill this without removing the rock/colony from the tank. I tried to grab it with the long feeding tweezers but it just retracts. I have syringes and 18ga needles (don’t worry, Angela is in Veterinary Medicine, I’m not an old junkie, LOL)
Can I inject it with something that won’t hurt my Zoa’s 550DCEC3-3629-45CD-ACDA-DD3D470BC045.jpeg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the thing. They will send you ugly and mean letters, but if you are paying the most you honestly can, there is next to nothing they can do.
I once had a hospital call saying I owed $15.
called my bank and they said no, the check cleared. so apparently they applied it to someone else's account.
hospital tells me we will need a copy of the cancelled check. this was before Al Gore invented the internet so the bank wanted $5 to send me a copy. told the hospital I would gladly forward that to them as soon as they sent me $5. :cool:
they turned me over to collections. collections calls me and I explain it all to them, and they insist they need a copy or this will go on my credit report.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious I tell them you do that. you think any bank in the country is going to deny me a credit card, a car loan, a mortgage because you say I owe $15?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note.
How do I kill this without removing the rock/colony from the tank. I tried to grab it with the long feeding tweezers but it just retracts. I have syringes and 18ga needles (don’t worry, Angela is in Veterinary Medicine, I’m not an old junkie, LOL)
Can I inject it with something that won’t hurt my Zoa’s 550DCEC3-3629-45CD-ACDA-DD3D470BC045.jpeg
don't grab it. every piece you miss will become a new one. do a search on aiptasia. I was successful with lemon juice.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a hospital call saying I owed $15.
called my bank and they said no, the check cleared. so apparently they applied it to someone else's account.
hospital tells me we will need a copy of the cancelled check. this was before Al Gore invented the internet so the bank wanted $5 to send me a copy. told the hospital I would gladly forward that to them as soon as they sent me $5. :cool:
they turned me over to collections. collections calls me and I explain it all to them, and they insist they need a copy or this will go on my credit report.;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious I tell them you do that. you think any bank in the country is going to deny me a credit card, a car loan, a mortgage because you say I owe $15?
A "friend" of mine had to pay a court fine of $210.00. He wrote a check for $210.00 and wrote out Two Hundred Dollars and 0 cents. He got a letter in the mail stating he needed to send in a different check because the amounts didn't match. They told me no problem, just mail it in as soon as I could. Ten years later I still haven't mailed it in and my record is clean.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't grab it. every piece you miss will become a new one. do a search on aiptasia. I was successful with lemon juice.
Definitely tons of threads and posts on Aiptasia. Lots to read. Can I just go in with a syringe loaded with lemon juice and inject it? That colony is huge and has spread to other parts of my scape. I really don’t want to remove it from the tank.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely tons of threads and posts on Aiptasia. Lots to read. Can I just go in with a syringe loaded with lemon juice and inject it? That colony is huge and has spread to other parts of my scape. I really don’t want to remove it from the tank.
See if anyone in your Reef Club has an Aptasia eating File Fish you can borrow for a couple of months.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, but it has to be injected. and that's a challenge. soon as you touch it, it's going to retract back in to the zoas.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, but it has to be injected. and that's a challenge. soon as you touch it, it's going to retract back in to the zoas.
I’ll give it a try in the morning. It’s about the size of a nickel when fully open. How much juice should I inject? I don’t want to pollute my water.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you could fry and eat aptasia?
next time one blows through a power head we should give it a try.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, when I get Aptasia I am going to remove the rock and put it in my 20g AIO and start raising nudibranchs. Those little things are living gold. Might kill a corral but would be able to make enough money to buy new ones.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, when I get Aptasia I am going to remove the rock and put it in my 20g AIO and start raising nudibranchs. Those little things are living gold. Might kill a corral but would be able to make enough money to buy new ones.
my sump is filled with aips. when one decides to venture in to the light of the DT, via the return pump. my Copperband makes quick work of it.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a fun experience. I checked in a guest and he said he needed an extra cot in his room. I told him when he gets to his give me a call and I will bring him one. He demands that I just do it. No problem. I run all over the hotel and find out we don't have any in this building. I grab the keys for the other building that is closed and head over. It has been windy and snowing all day. To get into the other building I have to walk through 2 feet of snow and shovel out the door. I go up to the third floor and find a cot in the closet and take it down the stairs. The building is closed for the season and all power is turned off. I then drag the bed through the snow and bring it up the elevator and knock on the guest's door. He then proceeds to tell me that once he saw the room he realized he didn't need it. I hate people. Have a great night.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back