Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this new Jeep a few weeks ago and yesterday I had to take my wife 60 miles away for a Dr. appointment.
I get in the Jeep and start it. While in my driveway my wife says she forgot her pocketbook in the house so I open the door, go in and get it. No problem.

I drive 55 miles, without stopping or opening the window or door and it beeps and says "The Key Fob left the Vehicle".
This car doesn't really use a key, it is a stupid thing that just has to be in the car. I keep it on a belt loop with a brass hook.

I look at the thing on my belt and just the ring is there on the hook, the electronic thing that starts the car is gone.

We go to a diner and I stupidly figure the fob fell under the seat and I search for it. Of course if it was under the seat, the car would start but now we are in a diner parking lot, 60 miles from home and the car won't start.

I call Jeep and ask them if there is any way to start this car without the key fob, I figured maybe through osmosis or black magic. No such luck.
I called my friend and asked him to pick up my wife and bring her to her Dr. which he did.

Luckily I am friends with the diner owner who doesn't even have a fish tank and he offers me his car to drive home, the 60 miles and get my other key fob.

I do that and open my garage expecting to find the thing on the garage floor. Nope. I can't find it anyplace.
I had to have it to initially start the car, but now it disappeared off the face of the Earth.

I drove the guys car back (after I filled it with gas) and started my car with the spare key fob. I have been looking all morning but there is only like a 10 square spot where I walked before I got in the car. It's unbelievable and weird. Interesting, but weird.

The key fob is $350.00 so like the price of 4 or 5 copperband butterflies. :p

Car.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I got this new Jeep a few weeks ago and yesterday I had to take my wife 60 miles away for a Dr. appointment.
I get in the Jeep and start it. While in my driveway my wife says she forgot her pocketbook in the house so I open the door, go in and get it. No problem.

I drive 55 miles, without stopping or opening the window or door and it beeps and says "The Key Fob left the Vehicle".
This car doesn't really use a key, it is a stupid thing that just has to be in the car. I keep it on a belt loop with a brass hook.

I look at the thing on my belt and just the ring is there on the hook, the electronic thing that starts the car is gone.

We go to a diner and I stupidly figure the fob fell under the seat and I search for it. Of course if it was under the seat, the car would start but now we are in a diner parking lot, 60 miles from home and the car won't start.

I call Jeep and ask them if there is any way to start this car without the key fob, I figured maybe through osmosis or black magic. No such luck.
I called my friend and asked him to pick up my wife and bring her to her Dr. which he did.

Luckily I am friends with the diner owner who doesn't even have a fish tank and he offers me his car to drive home, the 60 miles and get my other key fob.

I do that and open my garage expecting to find the thing on the garage floor. Nope. I can't find it anyplace.
I had to have it to initially start the car, but now it disappeared off the face of the Earth.

I drove the guys car back (after I filled it with gas) and started my car with the spare key fob. I have been looking all morning but there is only like a 10 square spot where I walked before I got in the car. It's unbelievable and weird. Interesting, but weird.

Car.jpg
never a dull moment!! ,you'll find it within an hour of taking delivery of new one..give ol' murphy a swift kick in the "butt" when you do...;) :)

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Car.jpg
you may be out of luck. if the fob got pulled or broke off of the ring when you got back in it might have been hanging on the door until it shook loose and your Jeep no longer detected it and beeped at you. try giving your fob to someone through the open window while your car is running and see how far you get before the jeep beeps. maybe while running it shakes hand with it every hour in which case it is at your house, maybe it was tossed further than you expect when it left your belt. good luck. a good mystery either way.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i was in a rental few weeks back,2 hrs into trip ,light came on ..failed battery in fob :oops: called they said stop at next dealer..no time,asked if did not shut off be ok?? she said yes..ok no prob for the next 12 hrs ..dropped it off ,after hours ,could not shut off..could not lock..manually shut all lights off called em number told them..next morning ,local called said i brought back out of gas!!!! ..20 charge and 4 bucks a gallon;Facepalm
uh huh ..that didn't happen;)..technology..yay..:rolleyes::)

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dbowman, the thing was never in the door. You don't need a key to open the door. You just need to be near the car with it. It had to be in the car when I started it.
Anyway, I found out I am insured for it but will wait a few days to get it from insurance in case it shows up in my underwear drawer or reef tank :cool:

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Escape also has the keyless start. If I pull into the driveway and get out to check the mail with the car running, all kinds of bells and whistles go off. It also has that stupid thing where you move your foot under the rear bumper and it opens and closes the hatch. Its always nice to be pulling out groceries and trigger it having the hatch come down on your head.

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t remember if I showed Y’all but my cabinet knobs showed up. Only took about a month!
The Clowns came the other day and the Mermaids showed up yesterday.
Clowns are on for now. I’ll change them out depending on my mood, maybe seasonally. LOL!
3C40BFDB-5D87-431F-9D10-198647AE4387.jpeg D0037E12-742D-4389-B6D2-8122B6AB706A.jpeg

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this guy is not looking good AT ALL!
Hasn’t extended tentacles since I brought it home on Saturday and it’s been gaping for 2 days now. I tried to direct feed into the mouth using a pipette. Won’t take food.
Low flow and medium light. Params are spot on with the exception of Mg. I have no idea what the value is. I have a test kit coming. Everything else is thriving, even SPS
Now that I’m doing research, it seems that “Helio’s” are near impossible to keep.
0328CE1F-BB88-4E20-A114-55637E1EE37A.jpeg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, this guy is not looking good AT ALL!
Hasn’t extended tentacles since I brought it home on Saturday and it’s been gaping for 2 days now. I tried to direct feed into the mouth using a pipette. Won’t take food.
Low flow and medium light. Params are spot on with the exception of Mg. I have no idea what the value is. I have a test kit coming. Everything else is thriving, even SPS
Now that I’m doing research, it seems that “Helio’s” are near impossible to keep.
0328CE1F-BB88-4E20-A114-55637E1EE37A.jpeg
leave be for now ,don't try to feed yet,wait until settles and puts out feeders..can't lose that thing of beauty ;) :cool:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dbowman, the thing was never in the door. You don't need a key to open the door. You just need to be near the car with it. It had to be in the car when I started it.
Anyway, I found out I am insured for it but will wait a few days to get it from insurance in case it shows up in my underwear drawer or reef tank :cool:
Sir, i did not mean that it was in the lock, i meant that it got caught in the door jamb and ripped off of your belt when you came back from the house. very low probability but possible.;Playful

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Escape also has the keyless start. If I pull into the driveway and get out to check the mail with the car running, all kinds of bells and whistles go off.
Mike, thats what it is supposed to do. My car does that also, but it waits until you drive 60 miles first. :rolleyes:

db, I hoped that happened, but then it should have been in my driveway. Whatever happened to it. I will either find that one or get a new one. Maybe I will get a "newer" car because they come with a key. :p

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmmm!
Seems to not be gaping this morning. Maybe there is hope for it. I’ve never had a coral take this long to settle in but, then again, I’ve never had a Heliofungia!
Oh! Good Morning Everyone! 60973E57-6513-4E99-A332-9E6E0089F66D.jpeg

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! It’s a toasty 6° this morning. Glad it’ll warm up to over 40° today. Most of the roads have been scraped and the gutters are cleared. It is amazing how fast snow will Mel at 40. The majority of the snow should be gone by early to mid April if this keeps up. I look forward to this summer. I just hope it’s on a Wednesday for Montana this year. Have a great day and stay safe!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning. My new fitness program seems to be going well...

motivation GIF

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
what the heck....
mid 40's yesterday?
28 and snowing now?
60's for the weekend?
March in Michigan
doctor/dental today.
enjoy the day peeps. :cool:
Almost 50 today in Montana and 6 inches of snow expected on Tuesday. Single digit temps at night. It helps the snow melt slower? I feel ya. I wish the weather would make up it's mind.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back