Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Folks!
Went to the LFS this morning and got out of there for under $10.
They had some nice new corals but all I bought was salt water. Very proud of myself.
Of course, we spent $20 on crickets next door at the reptile shop. Always makes the hens happy when we dump a couple hundred large crix in there for them to chase.

Headed out to do some shopping then it’s off to our new favorite Thai restaurant in West Nashville.

I got the exhaust fan and controller (similar to an Inkbird) for the greenhouse. I just need some aluminum angle stock to mount the fan to the framework and I can get the next phase of my project done.

We finally booked our weekend in Memphis for the first of the month. Been living in TN for 7 years and still haven’t seen Graceland. I guess you haven’t lived until you see the actual toilet Elvis died on. LOL!

Y’all enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe!
Speaking of safe, we get out second doses of the vaccine Monday morning.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For you chicken people...I was walking by the TV as the news was on earlier (which I generally ignore). Today was apparently National Poetry Day. I heard "National Poultry Day" and didn't realize what was going on until I saw video of kids writing poetry. Uh-oh, I heard wrong! :rolleyes:;Hilarious So, chicken people, I hope you wrote some nice poetry for your poultry today! ;Chicken;Happy

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Definitely chilly here at 42, with mid 30's later this week. Good thing I've been procrastinating on buying those spring plants! ;Hilarious

So far, the transfer of the clown out of the BioCube has been successful. He was the "newbie" in the 90 instead of the aggressor. The tang didn't like him in there at first and hid, but it didn't last long. The clown and pygmy angel resumed their fighting, which has been going on since 2014 so I wasn't worried about that. Clown isn't paying a bit of attention to the tang now, which was my goal in this little project. The lights are still out, but I can see the clown found his clown corner last night.

Have a great Sunday! Today will be a w/c on the BioCube, where I guess the three-stripe damsel will remain king. I'm thinking about getting him a friend, but I'm not sure he can be "friends" with anybody!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G’mornin’ Everyone.
Nice day here today but going to be cool. May work on the greenhouse but may NOT work on the greenhouse. Going to Lowe’s this morning for supplies. Angela hates going there but doesn’t mind pushing the cart while I look at all the cool stuff.
Have a Blessed day and Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a hermit in my refugium that keeps climbing into a hole it seems like his shell gets wedged in there. today i pulled him out again and this time i put other spare shells into the cavity. my guess is he will pull the other shells out so he can get in.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got my exhaust / ventilation fan installed and wired. Ran the wiring through underground conduit. Kicks on when it hits 80* in the greenhouse.
0E08E8F1-3DDB-46D5-BBFE-FAA1B9B03699.jpeg 91540F79-2E31-4811-9BB3-45B50784B2CE.jpeg F819F8C2-113B-4820-9DCF-C6C8199B18D6.jpeg
it would make a great grow out room 6 mo of the year... ;) :D

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon. Meant to post this morning but I’ve been on kiddo duty all day.

super excited because she is now wanting to help me with my build. So my hope that reef keeping would be a good bonding experience may prove to be a reality.

in other news my girlfriend, who is the director of nursing at a long term care/retirement facility has been stuck there for 18 hours because no one will come fill the scheduling holes. Said she is going to resign and find a job at a different facility. Gotta admit, I’m glad. She’s put so much into her building and has never really had anything come back to her so to speak. She’s always tired, stressed, and frustrated. I hate seeing it, but as the supportive SO, what can you do?

here’s hoping for a positive change. Oh, and randomly unrelated, the petco by my parents house actually has a decent little saltwater section. Not on the level of my favorite LFS, but decent nonetheless.

anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back