Good Morning!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one. Don't give me credit for original humor though. This was a very real lighting strike. Either a direct hit to a grounded chimney or the power pole outside. Everything with a cable input was cooked plus a few other things on one breaker. Thankfully no fire and no apparent chimney damage.

We've all been close to strikes at some point and we have a tree that has been hit many times. The weird part was the preceding "tick" sound. Can the static build up preceding a strike actually trip a breaker? That was the sound we heard, just seemed really loud for a single breaker.
I was out working in the barn during a storm a few years back. Out of nowhere came the loudest SNAP I’d ever heard and a flash of light like I was watching someone welding without eye protection.Very scary! Less than 100’ from where I was, a hickory tree got struck. Split it right down the middle. No fire but it really woke me up. That was close enough for me to head inside.
You could actually smell the electricity in the air.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning all...:)
not good at multi quotes...:rolleyes:
@MrsBugmaster thoughts are with you..:)..you had better take it easy..;)or i'ma going to come over and wrap you in bubble wrap...;):D
@ReefGrammie ..:oops:you have now confirmed i am getting old...:rolleyes:my first born will be 34 this fall..;):)
and others ...yes i have 100's of tee shirts,mostly new rotate about 4-5 until they are rags,i feel your pain...;)
lightning !!! no joke ,have felt the juice more than once,too close for comfort!! last fall hit transformer across street
just a blink of power loss,tripped no breakers,not the surge protector ,lost computer,2 pumps in basement,all on surge strips gfi circuits ,nothing tripped..o_O,i have complete new elec thoughout house,from the pole to the plugs,2 grounds per code on main panel, added third ground from sub panel in garage ,"not ness" added as precaution,and still..wow
ok book over ,be safe, be well,see y'all in the morning...;Happy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Finally a morning without snow

1619232599583.png 1619232670370.png

AFTER ALL, IN WISCONSIN, IT GOES LIKE THIS:

wisconsin.jpg

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning My Friends!
Dumping rain here right now and looks like it’s supposed to continue most of the day. Still going to the nursery though.
Today is also major hen house cleaning day so the girls will get to hang out in the new greenhouse while that’s going on. Not a very fun project to do when it rains. Usually takes about 4 or 5 wheelbarrow loads of straw and pine shavings to the compost heap. Then it needs to be turned with the tractor.
Tank lights just started to ramp up and the Clowns and Goby are pacing back and forth at the front glass waiting for breakfast. Seems like all of our furry, feathered and finned family members have my on THEIR schedules. The cats are all staring at the food dishes (which, by the way, still have food in them. ) and “Mr Man”, the African Grey, will start yelling “wanna cookie” at about 5:55, like clockwork. It’s my own fault though. I’m a very structured, scheduled person. Just wish I knew how they can tell time. The birds are at the other end of the house, their room is dark, the morning news is on “mute” and I tip toe around the house to not wake them up early.
sometimes I wonder if he can count the “cuckoos “ of the cuckoo clock.
Y’all have a great day!
Be Safe.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning!
the last weekend of April.
I guess I need to look at something and give it a title to know where to file it.
i have a great opportunity to wear some warm clothes today before storing them for the summer.
I suppose I find optimists too gloomy.
have a wonderful time doing what you are doing today!!!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
We fly out to Michigan to meet with vendors and only one has shown up SMH. Others supposedly on the way
We’re hoping to be back by noon- what a waste.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out working in the barn during a storm a few years back. Out of nowhere came the loudest SNAP I’d ever heard and a flash of light like I was watching someone welding without eye protection.Very scary! Less than 100’ from where I was, a hickory tree got struck. Split it right down the middle. No fire but it really woke me up. That was close enough for me to head inside.
You could actually smell the electricity in the air.
Did it smell like victory?

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Pouring rain here also. I guess it will be an indoors kind of day....lots of fun planned with laundry and cleaning up the bonus room that is full of junk.

The clownfish continues to do well back in the 90, so he gets to stay. I'm very relieved to have no fish fighting going on, which also means no fish is allowed to die because I can't stand the drama adding anything new!

@Paul B, I'm relieved that you got to plan a funeral for a mangrove leaf instead of the copperband! ;Joyful

Everyone get/stay well! :)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
where & who?
Livonia, mi and can’t disclose vendor per work rules
It all worked out and we just wrapped up . Time to attack coffee pot
One thing I can disclose and embarrassing is when a casting reaches a customer with a wrench built into it. - Oops 3C6A46A3-D5EA-4035-963C-9EA5E5061B5B.jpeg 92042A01-DF6F-4A98-A94F-9B5589DF325E.jpeg

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I have a great wife. She brought a most excellent stomach flu home Wednesday and shared it with me. She lost 8 pounds in 2 days.
It should go away by tomorrow.
My wife was an elementary teacher, she used to bring home presents too!! She was immune, I wasn't!!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back