Good Morning!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good Morning Reefers! Wow the AC is out at my house. Only suppose to be 84 to day.
Hope the tanks are okay. How hot can they safely get? Have a blessed day! :cool:
what do you normally run temp at ? 83-84 too high, 5 degrees higher than norm bad too, fans,freeze 2 1 gallon 3/4 full water bottles,and rotate as needed.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefers! Wow the AC is out at my house. Only suppose to be 84 to day.
Hope the tanks are okay. How hot can they safely get? Have a blessed day! :cool:
I don't worry until they go over 82 as long as the flow is good. A fan over the top of the tank to help with evaporation will help a lot.
Ice in ziplock bags
frozen bottles of water

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a fan blowing across the top of the water. You will be shocked how many degrees that can cool. Prep your auto top off for a lot more evaporation.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys!

I’m going paintballing this morning! Never gone before, as I usually do airsoft.

Anyway, I am sick, but hopefully I get better. :)
Sorry, I forgot to post!

We had a blast paintballing. It only left 10 quarter sized bruises on my body...

The 2 most painful were probably when I got shot in the stomach and in the ear.
Tonight Show Pain GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I forgot to post!

We had a blast paintballing. It only left 10 quarter sized bruises on my body...

The 2 most painful were probably when I got shot in the stomach and in the ear.
Tonight Show Pain GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
head shots was not allowed when I played.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

the fuzzy one woke me up earlier than I wanted but oh well. Church with the brother unit later. Then not sure. Need to order some bulkheads and an inkbird. Also need to level my tank and stand since the LFS guys didn’t even try. Oh well.

have a good one everyone!
F9550CB0-36B9-4726-B7C8-85DE4CD34EBA.jpeg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took an amazing walk on the beach this morning.
The sunrise wasn't that spectacular as it was foggy like it often is by the sea.
Beach Sunday.jpeg

But as I walked, I went past a place where no modern man has ever walked.

I came upon this Hieroglyphic rock painting.

Stone on beach.jpeg

I could tell it was very old probably going back 10 or 20 Tuesdays.

The "paint" seemed to be made from some natural substance the natives found and they called it
"chake" (chalk) . From researching I discovered it came from an area called Walmakit. (Walmart)

The stone was not facing east like many ancient relics are because these people didn't want to get up as soon as the sun rose and they really didn't care about that, or apparently anything else.

It faced north to a place they called Conn-ot-o-quat later changed to Connecticut

It also wasn't built to look like the star system Sirius because the Egyptians already took that one.

I was so fascinated I wanted to study more about them so as I searched I found their fire pit.

Firepit on beach.jpeg

They probably used it to cook Chic-tok (chicken wings) and I am surprised it lasted so long in this condition. Especially the straw they likely used as kindling to light the thing.

The best way to learn about ancient civilizations is to study their garbage and if you look hard enough, you can usually find tiny bits of their last meal.

Trash on beach.jpeg

I discovered the name these people called themselves.....Slobakas or "Slobs". :confused:

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin’ Guy’s &Gal’s!
woke up to rain this morning so it looks like it’s inside projects today. I got one side and half of the back of the house pressure washed yesterday. Went to Lowe’s to pick up a 36” extension wand for the washer and wound up getting a replacement gun with a 9’ (3 piece) wand. No more getting up on the ladder to hit the eaves on the back of the house.
Today, I’m re-screening the front window screens where the mower throws pebbles and damages them. I have the spline and roller tool but need another roll of screen to do all of the windows. Should be a fun (or very frustrating) project. Next weekend, I’m building a floor in the henhouse. The girls are very close to tunneling out.
Wishing Y’all a great day today!
Please Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy! :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! It was a great day at RAP yesterday and expecting another great day today!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back