Good Morning!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Insurance companies are very well known to low ball, especially their first offer. The best thing to do is to just deny the offer and ask for more. Hopefully he won't have to get a lawyer involved. The one thing I learned is if you ever get in a wreck, be sure to say you are hurt. The insurance companies act a lot faster and settle for more money in order to avoid being sued for more.

Thank you for that info. He did turn down the first offer because it was WAY off. Sad thing is even though his car was older, it ran great and he knew the entire history from when it was new. He's having a hard time just replacing what he already had!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for that info. He did turn down the first offer because it was WAY off. Sad thing is even though his car was older, it ran great and he knew the entire history from when it was new. He's having a hard time just replacing what he already had!
not sure if no fault state law ?
but lawyer, ok fine repair this then !
they will not.
most likely settle quickly.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will not.
Lawyers will get a larger settlement. They get their cut and then you are left with less most of the time. The only reason to get a lawyer involved is if you are positive the insurance company is low balling you by a lot or if they refuse to pay.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will not.

Lawyers will get a larger settlement. They get their cut and then you are left with less most of the time. The only reason to get a lawyer involved is if you are positive the insurance company is low balling you by a lot or if they refuse to pay.

Thank you, I have passed along the info. Tennessee is not a no-fault state (I had to look it up!). He was a pretty argumentative teenager, so hopefully his inner argumentative self will keep fighting!

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! I don't like feral cats either. My parents had a large yard on the Chesapeake bay with maybe 100 ducks that would sit in the yard and a lot of rabbits. Then their neighbor started feeding feral cats. They reproduced into at least 20 cats within a couple of years. There were no more ducks and no more rabbits. A feat even the foxes had never achieved. Father finally got into it with the neighbor and they agreed to have the state trap them all. The ducks never recovered. Years later there were still only about 4.

Here's some positive stuff too: Still cool - in the 30's last night - so I am enjoying that. Kids are happy and no complaints in ages. Science types found a new seahorse and a new starfish. Solar energy will account for nearly half of the US production capacity by the end of the year and goats that live with dogs apparently think they are dogs. Now go forth and be happy!

The Pink Pigmy Seahorse
1643043716518.png

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the car fantasy is dead.
#1 Driving a slow car fast is more fun than a fast car slow. Especially a somewhat boring looking grey car with a crappy radio.

#2 Listening to them explain to me how my car that was nicer than theirs was worth less made me laugh so hard I hurt my back again.

#3 I think when I asked the man if the current market adjustments would apply to my car as well since we were trading he became permanently cross eyed. I am sorry.

#4 I came with the title to my car and money. Why do you keep asking me to fill out a credit app. If you know nothing about the car you are selling, my car you are buying and cant negotiate prices why are you here? I can back the car out even though it has a manual transmission. Oh, you cant so we have to wait for the other guy?

#5 You dont want the vin number or keys to my car so they can look it up before we get back?

I guess I will go back to looking for band and scroll saws. Maybe a welder.

I have had cats for a long time. A great deal more birds die from running into the windows on the house than the cat.

Feral cats come from not having your cat spayed or neutered. Not letting it outside. Cats can also get pregnant inside.
We had sex ed in school where we learned this stuff.

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

GZ7FWVTBDVIC5BDC56FNN4V2OM.jpg

Get rich. Play the lottery.
1643073543580.jpeg

acc7bf80-ac73-408a-8b7c-cc1efdac7f6c-TV_MEDICARE.jpg

free, free, freefreefree.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Back-to-reality day wasn't too bad. I guess I needed to get back to reality!

I took out the autofeeder. It's amazing how quickly the fish were "trained" on that thing. I had set a timer to cut off the left powerhead twice a day for about 30 minutes. During that time, the autofeeder would dispense flake food into the feeding ring on the left side of the tank. The fish figured out that when the left powerhead cut off, immediately swim to the feeding ring and food will fall from the sky. I guess they'll have to go back to manually following me around the tank at feeding time. Keep them guessing! :)

Have a great day! ;Joyful

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the car fantasy is dead.
#1 Driving a slow car fast is more fun than a fast car slow. Especially a somewhat boring looking grey car with a crappy radio.

#2 Listening to them explain to me how my car that was nicer than theirs was worth less made me laugh so hard I hurt my back again.

#3 I think when I asked the man if the current market adjustments would apply to my car as well since we were trading he became permanently cross eyed. I am sorry.

#4 I came with the title to my car and money. Why do you keep asking me to fill out a credit app. If you know nothing about the car you are selling, my car you are buying and cant negotiate prices why are you here? I can back the car out even though it has a manual transmission. Oh, you cant so we have to wait for the other guy?

#5 You dont want the vin number or keys to my car so they can look it up before we get back?

I guess I will go back to looking for band and scroll saws. Maybe a welder.

I have had cats for a long time. A great deal more birds die from running into the windows on the house than the cat.

Feral cats come from not having your cat spayed or neutered. Not letting it outside. Cats can also get pregnant inside.
We had sex ed in school where we learned this stuff.
the bird killing cats that set up on my bird feeders were ALL house cats.
not feral cats.
i knew where each one lived.
well... where they lived until after i had a nuisance animal trapper remove them all.
i don't let my dogs off the property.
wonder why a majority of the cat owners around here think they can just open the door and let "fluffy" roam.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
it snowed pretty much from sun up till well past sundown yesterday.
a nice fluffy snow globe powder snow.
five plus but light enough to just push it with a shovel instead of a snow blower.
latest thing around here is people using leaf blowers to clear their drives.
wonder if that will cut down on the snow clearing heart attacks.

andrea is liking the new job at the local hardware store.
yea for me. ;)

have a fab day.

IMG_4624.JPG

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! It is simultaneously National Plan for Vacation Day and National Florida Day! :cool:

tropical GIF

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's a toasty 5 this morning. Yesterday I saw an 18 wheeler destroy a car. The car sat in the drive way and just waited and then tried to pull out in front of it. Everything here is white and covered in snow and ice. They waited and then tried to basically cut it off. Seeing stuff like this is why I don't drive. People are idiots when they get behind the wheel of a car. Two people dead. Have a great day and stay safe!

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies
it snowed pretty much from sun up till well past sundown yesterday.
a nice fluffy snow globe powder snow.
five plus but light enough to just push it with a shovel instead of a snow blower.
latest thing around here is people using leaf blowers to clear their drives.
wonder if that will cut down on the snow clearing heart attacks.

andrea is liking the new job at the local hardware store.
yea for me. ;)

have a fab day.

IMG_4624.JPG
My coffee is offended by this

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back