Good News About Our Oceans & Reefs

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
95
Location
Manhattan
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to start a thread with positive news about the state of our oceans, reefs, and sea life. I think everyone could use a glimmer of hope sometimes, especially about the things we love. Of course there is a lot of tragedy, and we need to continue to fight for and protect our reefs and oceans, but I wanted to share some news of recovery, new findings, new species, etc. that people may have not seen yet. I will continue to update as I find more, but I encourage everyone to post if you stumble upon anything! (Disclaimer: not all of these are brand new, but I think are still worth including)

Here we go:

 
As we say in Gothenburg - the links above have the same importance as " som att pinka utanför Vinga" (Vinga is the last lighthouse outside Gothenburg facing Kattegatt/Skagerrack (the sea outside Swedens westcoast) What pinka means - you have to figure out

Sincerely Lasse
 
Just coming across this post now. Many thanks.

You'll notice that if someone posts about the End of the World All Over Again, it gets 400 replies.

If you post good news, 2 replies.

No one ever got rich and famous for saying everything was okay.

They know that, which is why we only ever hear about Certain Doom. The news cycle is 24/7/365. That requires a bottomless pit of bad news, and they'll peddle whatever they can get their hands on.
 
Very true! Bad news gets eyes, clicks, and dollars! Still getting over 438 year old coral. Such amazing creatures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new