GOOD REEF !!! That looks COOL!!!

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 10 lbs. bag of Caribsea live sand, the 24” syphon tube from my Syphom hose and BAM! and my tank went from WOW to WOW x 3!
so I was noticing that my 2” sandbed in my 180 was looking a bit flat. Fish, crabs, snails and starfish slowly and over time leveling out the hills and “sand dunes” on my reefscape.
The wife was out getting a manicure and so I hit a lfs and grabbed a 10 lbs bag of live sand.
I knew that if I strategically placed some of this bag near the back of the tankscape, it would give the allusion of depth and dimension that was non existent with a flat sandbed. Boy was I right. This 10 lbs bag only covered about 10 % of my existing sandbed along areas of the back of my tank. Didn’t want to cover too much area. Suffocating a live sandbed could cause problems. It’s late. The lights are off right now. Can’t wait till morning to see it again.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 10 lbs. bag of Caribsea live sand, the 24” syphon tube from my Syphom hose and BAM! and my tank went from WOW to WOW x 3!
so I was noticing that my 2” sandbed in my 180 was looking a bit flat. Fish, crabs, snails and starfish slowly and over time leveling out the hills and “sand dunes” on my reefscape.
The wife was out getting a manicure and so I hit a lfs and grabbed a 10 lbs bag of live sand.
I knew that if I strategically placed some of this bag near the back of the tankscape, it would give the allusion of depth and dimension that was non existent with a flat sandbed. Boy was I right. This 10 lbs bag only covered about 10 % of my existing sandbed along areas of the back of my tank. Didn’t want to cover too much area. Suffocating a live sandbed could cause problems. It’s late. The lights are off right now. Can’t wait till morning to see it again.
Thats so awesome!!! Lets see pictures! Im sure you have a before picture too! I bet that adds a whole new feel to it! Good move! Fun to spice it up, reignite the love for the system!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? You tease .... we need pictures!

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted this in the morning? why no pictures? what a tease lol

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You posted this in the morning? why no pictures? what a tease lol
Here is a shot from last week.
98724909-37DE-40A8-9974-54F8DDC6C853.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really pretty tank. I'm totally here for the sand dunes. My tank has them ... but only because my Sleeper Goby created them. I'm about to move into a new DT. I appreciate the inspiration... I will likely follow suit. No reason that the sand needs to be flat! I think some dunes with macros would be awesome.
GREAT JOB!!!
Good Morning GIF

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really pretty tank. I'm totally here for the sand dunes. My tank has them ... but only because my Sleeper Goby created them. I'm about to move into a new DT. I appreciate the inspiration... I will likely follow suit. No reason that the sand needs to be flat! I think some dunes with macros would be awesome.
GREAT JOB!!!
Good Morning GIF
A new tank, exciting!!! Mine is 7 months new. Keep us posted.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back