Good replacement pump for JBJ 24g?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Does anyone know of a good replacement pump for the 24g JBJ? My daughters has become a slug, barely moving any water. It's been cleaned but still no good. I would still like to keep the internal style but never liked the original pump that came with it.

thirdchild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a rio 6hf as the return pump in my old jbj 24g.

But do you have another pump in the display area? A mp10 or 1-2 koralias in the display area might be good depending on what you have in the tank.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I'll look into that one :)

The display area has an mj400. just because I had one sitting around. It's fine for movement. The tank just needs more turnover through the sump.

125g mixed reef Peninsula

NewB87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 nano koralias in my 29g biocube and it seems like the perfect amount of flow. I would go that route, I tried using just the 1200 maxijet upgrade but like you said still not enough flow.

NewB87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9abape8e.jpg

I have one in both back corners and it does really well, hope it helps.

EpicWin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owned that tank for years and finally found the minijet 606. It has very low heat and with 5 watts does 250 gal per hour. I used mine as my return and did some korallias as well. It made all the difference for me.

Last edited:

NewB87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LoL I've had Blacker Ices, Black Snowflakes and Phantoms... learned to spot the difference. :nerd:

That's probably a good thing lol! The funny story about these are my lfs sold them to me as snowflake onyx so i paid 160 for the pair and found out later they were blacker ice lol. The following week they had a identical pair of blacker ice posted for 275 a pair.

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's probably a good thing lol! The funny story about these are my lfs sold them to me as snowflake onyx so i paid 160 for the pair and found out later they were blacker ice lol. The following week they had a identical pair of blacker ice posted for 275 a pair.
I can tell you, that's a great pickup!

Back