• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Good Test Kits?

https://www.triton.de/en/

Dkeller_nc

View Badges
Reaction score
The Red Sea kits will do well for you. I use Salifert or home-brew for everything except phosphate. Red Sea/Salifert preference is largely based on the reefer's preference. The Salifert kits are minimalist and have completely disposable components. The Red Sea kits are designed to be re-used with refill kits.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
Evan28395950

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

ryeguyy84

View Badges
Reaction score
You should shoot for weekly if you're just starting out. You could do every other week once you get a feel for the tank.

For me it's nice to have a schedule so I know Wednesday is maintenance day, water change and testing... Sometimes Thursday, sometimes sat but i try and shoot for Wednesday lol

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
I ended up going with Red Sea for alk, kinda on a budget at the moment.
I have the Red Sea test kits. What others say about the alk color change being hard to see is true. You have to be able to discern blue from a blueish-green. It is very subtle. I was switching from a Salifert alk kit at the time and the Red Sea reading agreed with the Sailfert at the FIRST drop you think you see a color change. I'm going to look into the Hanna Alk kit before I'll buy a Red Sea refill.

https://www.triton.de/en/

How fast does coral grow in your tank?

• VERY Fast

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Pretty Fast

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Medium Rate

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Pretty Slow

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • VERY Slow

Votes: 3 6.0%