Good to be back reefing

Millseth85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2009-2013 I was in the hobby. Started with Dads 55g, added 32g nano, 72g bow. Had to move everyone from New Mexico to Texas and didn't lose a single coral/fish. Scored a 210g and first attempt using LEDs. Started growing frags and bartering for tattoos, other corals and dry goods. Moved again in Texas and lost half my fish. Scored another 210g and plan was to do "L" shape predator and a reef tank. Reef tank setup first which was a thing of beauty. Had two 125g water storage plumbed with pumps in garage sharing same wall as tank. Quick drain for water changes also plumbed in to run outside of garage. 7 stage rodi, 1000 watt halide, as many T4s I could cram into the hood, 1/2hsp chiller, large bansi garf colony, few other very happy large colonies (BTW anyone in San Antonio that went to the store on 281 I would love to track down a piece of my garf colony). Unfortunately left hobby and just in Feb I started this year with a red sea 65g and couldn't be happier sharing this adventure with my 2 kids and wife.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2009-2013 I was in the hobby. Started with Dads 55g, added 32g nano, 72g bow. Had to move everyone from New Mexico to Texas and didn't lose a single coral/fish. Scored a 210g and first attempt using LEDs. Started growing frags and bartering for tattoos, other corals and dry goods. Moved again in Texas and lost half my fish. Scored another 210g and plan was to do "L" shape predator and a reef tank. Reef tank setup first which was a thing of beauty. Had two 125g water storage plumbed with pumps in garage sharing same wall as tank. Quick drain for water changes also plumbed in to run outside of garage. 7 stage rodi, 1000 watt halide, as many T4s I could cram into the hood, 1/2hsp chiller, large bansi garf colony, few other very happy large colonies (BTW anyone in San Antonio that went to the store on 281 I would love to track down a piece of my garf colony). Unfortunately left hobby and just in Feb I started this year with a red sea 65g and couldn't be happier sharing this adventure with my 2 kids and wife.
Hey welcome millseth85,
Thats a long journey so far, keep going.
Great hobby to share, much to learn.

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! WELCOME

This forum needs more experienced people like you!
We/I could learn a lot from what you know. You should definitely start a "Build Thread" Keep us posted :)

OP
OP
M

Millseth85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow! WELCOME

This forum needs more experienced people like you!
We/I could learn a lot from what you know. You should definitely start a "Build Thread" Keep us posted :)
I feel like things have changed from when I was heavily in the hobby. Feel like a newbie and lost most of the time. It's coming back but my favorite LFS has been coaching me and rocking my world to what I thought I new. Water parameters are different than I'm used to. What corals are popular and desired now have changed. Prices of course changed as well. But none the less super happy back in it and getting my kids involved. 7yr daughter loves to help clean the tank with me.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back