0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! And welcome back to the hobby!! I also took a long break before getting back into it, and I feel like it's so much more fun and enjoyable doing everything this time around with my wife and kids compared to doing it alone years ago.

20230415_094950.gif

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
2009-2013 I was in the hobby. Started with Dads 55g, added 32g nano, 72g bow. Had to move everyone from New Mexico to Texas and didn't lose a single coral/fish. Scored a 210g and first attempt using LEDs. Started growing frags and bartering for tattoos, other corals and dry goods. Moved again in Texas and lost half my fish. Scored another 210g and plan was to do "L" shape predator and a reef tank. Reef tank setup first which was a thing of beauty. Had two 125g water storage plumbed with pumps in garage sharing same wall as tank. Quick drain for water changes also plumbed in to run outside of garage. 7 stage rodi, 1000 watt halide, as many T4s I could cram into the hood, 1/2hsp chiller, large bansi garf colony, few other very happy large colonies (BTW anyone in San Antonio that went to the store on 281 I would love to track down a piece of my garf colony). Unfortunately left hobby and just in Feb I started this year with a red sea 65g and couldn't be happier sharing this adventure with my 2 kids and wife.
Feels good to be back doesn’t it? I got out for a few years and when I started back up it was like full throttle. Never to be stopped again haha

OP
OP
M

Millseth85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feels good to be back doesn’t it? I got out for a few years and when I started back up it was like full throttle. Never to be stopped again haha
Couldn't agree more. Forgotten some of the headaches and heartaches but still worth it in the end.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back