Good wavemaker for a 155g bowfront?

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking for some good wavemaker ideas for my 155g bowfront. It's going to be a mixed reef so don't need crazy water flow like an sps tank. It is 6ft and has dual overflows. I tried getting a jaboe gyre? But it was to wide to put on the side panels. So I'm kinda skipping the gyres since I'm sure they are all around the same size. I like the eco tecs mp40s but don't like the price lol. Till I know exactly the route I'm going stocking wise I'm just looking for something good and cost efficient. Any suggestions? Or hell anyone selling a few wavemakers they think would work? Pic of my tank with my rockwork base. Going to mainly be stocking lps shrooms and euphila or at least that's what I'm like so far.

0808212104a.jpg

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you'd probably need a few smaller pumps to get even flow in the tank. hydor koralia and jebao are cheaper options with mp40s being at the top of the line. and of course there is everything in between :) what's your price range?

OP
OP
ZaneGreay

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you'd probably need a few smaller pumps to get even flow in the tank. hydor koralia and jebao are cheaper options with mp40s being at the top of the line. and of course there is everything in between :) what's your price range?

No range really just looking for something reliable and reasonable. I don't want 10 cheap pumps because there will cheap lol but I also don't want to spend a small fortune otherwise I just get mp40.

I know it’s a thread for pumps but i love the addition of the skull

Thank you, I'm planning on making it an encrusting frag rack. I actually got the idea from someone I follow on Instagram.

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No range really just looking for something reliable and reasonable. I don't want 10 cheap pumps because there will cheap lol but I also don't want to spend a small fortune otherwise I just get mp40.

Thank you, I'm planning on making it an encrusting frag rack. I actually got the idea from someone I follow on Instagram.

Maxspect or IceCap gyres are an option. Sicce sells some cheaper powerheads. AI neros and Red Sea reefwaves are some higher-end controllable options.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back