Good wrasse for frag tank best control?

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 96x48x16 lagoon frag tank which is bare bottom and not much live rock on racks. Id like to get a wrasse for cleaning duty should anything make it past QT, but being open top has its hazards.

Any recommendations on a good pecker that doesnt need sand and wont play Icarus on me?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people hate them, but my six-line does a great job, doesn't need sand, and isn't as much of a jumper as some...

(Although almost all fish are able to jump and you're taking a risk without a lid... Especially in a shallow tank)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 96x48x16 lagoon frag tank which is bare bottom and not much live rock on racks. Id like to get a wrasse for cleaning duty should anything make it past QT, but being open top has its hazards.

Any recommendations on a good pecker that doesnt need sand and wont play Icarus on me?
What other fish do you plan to add?

OP
OP
E

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish in there are the tang gang, a half black, sailfin, regal, powder blue and vlamingi.

I also have zero plans to add a top since its a frag tank and Im in there 3-4 times a day.

While I usually hate 6-lines for being aggressive little... in a tank this size with no one anywhere hear its size it just might work.

Ive also head the possum wrasses dont need sand, would they work?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen my AC Neon Dottyback eat Bristleworms, not sure if it will eat flatworms. Also something is eating the Aiptasia, and I don't think there is anything else in the tank that would have an interest in them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back