Goodnight Hewbie!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sleepover with Hewbie tonight since I was on vacation and I missed him. I decided to sleep in front of his tank. We watched Avatar 2 for the first time and Hewbie enjoyed it. Sadly while I was gone he didn’t get much stimulation and glass surfed A LOT. This caused his wound to get bigger. Now that I’m home and he doesn’t glass surf when there’s stimulation going on in his environment I hope it heals and now that I can continue to treat him. He’s behaving normally and eating. The one wound healed and the other got worse from rubbing up against the glass. I put a camera on his tank and watched him do this for hours this past week but it stops when someone like me is in the room or there’s activity near his tank. I thought about putting the TV on for him that way he isn’t obsessed with his reflection and has something to watch lol.
IMG_2114.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg
This post makes me miss Kirby :( but Im glad Hewbie is getting attention!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel like I should update this thread! Since I’ve been home Hewbie has been engaged and super happy and active his mark is healed since he doesn’t rub up against the glass as much. I didn’t do any treatment other than soaking his food and adding a cooper remover to the water along with water changes to get rid of any excess cooper.:)

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d also like to mention he spits water out when I’m feeding him and when he comes up to the top of the tank I use this opportunity to give him little head scratches and rub his belly! :pleading-face: He is 100% a water puppy and 100% a good boy.
IMG_2384.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back