Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I am trying to figure out what this stuff is on the sand bed,

I was told its a buildup of calcium, so I got something to deal with the buildup, did a few water changes and its still coming back.

Am i doing something wrong, or should i do more water changes to get rid of it?

It seems like its only under where the light it, (Or should i put my light on for shorter, currently its on a 8 hour cycle.

Thank you!

IMG-3021.jpg

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more water changes until you get them under control, dinos thrive in low nutrient environments and a water change will make the situation worse. There are a TON of threads here on treating dinos, type it into the search bar and do lots of reading!

OP
OP
Bankertanker

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Dino’s to me. How old tank? What is you parameters? Phosphate, nitrate, alk, etc?
The tank is about a month old, I upgraded it from a 10 gallon and transferred everything to the 20 long.

The 10 gallon was 4 months old.

I am really new to the hobby, I haven't tested the water ALK or Phosphates, just the regular parameters.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is about a month old, I upgraded it from a 10 gallon and transferred everything to the 20 long.

I am really new to the hobby, I haven't tested the water ALK or Phosphates, just the regular parameters.
Do you know what your PH and nitrates are?

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We were all new at one time. Don’t panic. We all been there! MOST important you need to get an idea on tour parameters. Always a good first step is a water change but beyond that you don’t know what action to take. Like is phosphate to high or to low! If too low which does cause Dino’s often water change is not going to solve it! Try to get a good phosphate and nitrate test kit!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back