Goose's IM 14 Peninsula - Upgrade Loading..

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update, did a quick clean up of the cabinet with some old plywood I had laying around. It’s not like some of the DIY gurus on here but it looks better and I can fit my test kits now haha.

Also attached some phone pics of the current state of the tank, we’re rolling pretty good. Changed some rock work around, still trying to offload frags.

IMG_1856.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_1854.jpeg

HandsyLobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet looks good, I made a control panel for my stuff and looking back I wish I did it outside of my stand so I could see everything. Seems to all fit in yours tho clean looking tank

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update, did a quick clean up of the cabinet with some old plywood I had laying around. It’s not like some of the DIY gurus on here but it looks better and I can fit my test kits now haha.

Also attached some phone pics of the current state of the tank, we’re rolling pretty good. Changed some rock work around, still trying to offload frags.

IMG_1856.jpeg
IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_1854.jpeg
Cabinet looks great!

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cabinet looks great!
Geeze y’all are making me blush

If only you could see the through holes well enough to notice my square looks more like a rhombus

I did forget to mentioned, as much as I shouldn’t be buying any more coral I did pick up one of the @TopShelfAquatics Hot Dang alveopora. Very excited for that, outta town for work this week so I scheduled the delivery for sometime next week

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hot Dang Alveopora came in. I’ll have to get a picture tomorrow, looks great!

Going through bit of a rough patch right now. No losses or anything - blastos are off. Had a salinity issue that’s corrected..assuming that’s what did it. Mag has been hovering around 1280, little low for my taste, may also have something to do with it.

My trochus snails have spawned bi-weekly this month so that’s cool!

I need to get this cyano under control…been trying to slowly bring down nutrients to see if it helps..

I think I put up this Acan pic before but it’s just looking so good..I went
back through and gave the photo a little touch up
4175FA04-9BC2-48AB-B600-D3264BAD5F0F.jpeg

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday was an interesting one.

I was tired of looking at cyano and a dirty sandbed. So I removed it! Moved everything over to a temporary 10 gallon with the apex/heater/mp10. Everybody was ticked, to be expected. During the process I accidentally siphoned my firefish which ultimately caused her passing:/. Winston and the clowns ate like champs this morning though and corals were starting to extend.

Took some inspiration from @brandon429 and his rip clean methods. Gave the rocks a good cleaning too.

After getting everything back over I added some new carbon to hopefully remove some of the slime and junk all the corals were putting off.

Took the skimmer offline, lowered light intensity and now I’m just going to feed pretty heavy until things settle back in. Surprisingly, most SPS were extending pretty well before work.

I hate the dimensions of this tank with a passion and my choice of rocks was poor, nothing fits well. I have plans for an upgrade soon so this will basically just serve as a “frag tank” until I can get my hands on what i need.

IMG_1904.jpeg IMG_1902.jpeg
IMG_1904.jpeg
IMG_1902.jpeg

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, after being away two weeks from work the tank is doing well. Not perfect, but good enough !

I’ve decided I’m just gonna shoot for the stars here and just build the a tank that I’ve always wanted. It’s going to be pretty DIY heavy to cut costs and I’m gonna go with the UNS 90L..so from here on out this thread will slowly transition to that :).

Below I attached a few photos of the 14 and the first progressions of the new build of the sump! I dry fitted the drop in baffles and everything looks great - just need some silicone to lock everything in. I think the next steps are ordering the tank/over and drilling that so I can really get my eyes on what dimensions I’ll need the stand to be .

IMG_1355.jpeg
IMG_2037.jpeg
IMG_2036.jpeg

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple more shots.

The first is the @TopShelfAquatics hot dang alvey. It’s really coloring up wonderfully since its arrival.

Number two are just some zoas I love :)

I also got the sump kit siliconed in for the upgrade. Ugly job but it’ll hold..need to figure out which overflow I want to get for the 90L

IMG_2095.jpeg
IMG_2094.jpeg

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the glued sump and an obligatory tank shot of the current set up. Don’t hate on my silicone work. She holds water just fine ;)
IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_2102.jpeg

OP
OP
PocketGoose

PocketGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bones are built!!! No clue how I’m gonna plumb this bad boy or fit all the equipment..but it’ll get worked out… one way or another.
IMG_2109.jpeg

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks sick, just picked up the Aio version of that uns tank. cant wait to see how urs will turn out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back