Gorgonian fragging advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brnono
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brnono

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Czech Republic
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About ten days ago, I got a few small gorgonian cuttings for my picojar experiment (I'm a total newbie). This was my first attempt at fragging. I used a razor to scrap the fleah off the bottom centimeter or so, then glued the hard exposed skeleton part to a rock. I guess during the fragging process, more flesh above the cut was damaged too, as my reddish asterinas immediately started chewing away it. I guess they stopped once they reached healthy tissue as they only did it the first day.
Now, the polyps open all day everyday, so the gorg seems hapoy . I am just wondering what to do with thr expised stem. Cut it shorter and reglue? Or will the coral regenerate tissue here? It looks like diatoms are starting to grow on the wirey part.
Also, any idea about the species? Amber sea fan?

IMG-20241219-WA0004.jpg IMG-20241219-WA0005.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new