• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Got burned by @ Mebeknob

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

sstanley223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traded my 3 nice working Kessil a360w for his 2 Radion xr15 g3 with mounts and WXM with @Mebeknob Would have been fine except 1 lamp was bad. As in bad led driver per Ecotech! Also 1 mount is cracked and the other tarnished, needed painted and both the stainless bolts cut. So essentially I ended up piecing together 1 light and 1 mount for my 3 Kessils. Discouraged because this is the first problem I've had here. I should have known better. For what I have invested now I could have bought new Radions. Now Im stick with somebody elses junk. I even shipped mine out first as a gesture of good faith. [emoji20]

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traded my 3 nice working Kessil a360w for his 2 Radion xr15 g3 with mounts and WXM with @Mebeknob Would have been fine except 1 lamp was bad. As in bad led driver per Ecotech! Also 1 mount is cracked and the other tarnished, needed painted and both the stainless bolts cut. So essentially I ended up piecing together 1 light and 1 mount for my 3 Kessils. Discouraged because this is the first problem I've had here. I should have known better. For what I have invested now I could have bought new Radions. Now Im stick with somebody elses junk. I even shipped mine out first as a gesture of good faith. [emoji20]

Please include in your post how I did not know the driver was bad as they still work perfectly well with the WXM module which was included with the trade. I took them both off my tank fully believing they were in perfect working condition. Also you knew about the tarnished light fixture when purchased. Also include in your post how I have tried to rectify the situation and offered to send you an apex flow meter as well.

Let me know what will make you happy with this situation as I’m not trying to pull a fast one on you.

I’m sorry you feel jaded with this situation.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bfd45548c2b770b954208201c75ce9f9.jpg

This is how they were in my tank right before I took them off and sent to you, just so you don’t think I’m lying about them working for me.

OP
OP
sstanley223

sstanley223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bfd45548c2b770b954208201c75ce9f9.jpg

This is how they were in my tank right before I took them off and sent to you, just so you don’t think I’m lying about them working for me.
It was not functioning correctly so I sent the light to Ecotech because I don't want to argue about whether it was working correctly or not. I should not have gotten involved in used electronics. They were gracious enough to sell me a replacement at cost. I had 700$ invested in the Kessils and now another 290$ for the new G4 which was my choice. You were nice and polite to deal with but I couldn't let it go without saying something. Send flow sensor and the rest is history.

Mebeknob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was not functioning correctly so I sent the light to Ecotech because I don't want to argue about whether it was working correctly or not. I should not have gotten involved in used electronics. They were gracious enough to sell me a replacement at cost. I had 700$ invested in the Kessils and now another 290$ for the new G4 which was my choice. You were nice and polite to deal with but I couldn't let it go without saying something. Send flow sensor and the rest is history.

It was your choice to send them in for repair with out reaching out to me. We could have simply traded back, no harm no foul.

You never gave me a chance!

You didn’t do that because you “didn’t want to argue”, yet you’re completely fine going online and slandering my name.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back