Got my Triton tests back ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it tell you to do in the help/dose section?
Quite alot ... a few of the issues have been adressed already ,already running active carbon , phosrem is on the way ,mag levels are back Down .. I guess I was just a bit shocked at how much out of whack my tank is ..

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did u get one about water changes? Like 15% over 6 weeks? That would typically fix a lot of issues, provided you use Triton recommended salts.

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ja. Don't panic. Make the changes slowly and as recommended.
Awareness really is the first step.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok when I read through the helps it says a few things are high because of maybe overdosing trace elements ....
My question is I've just started dosing the core 7 supplements .. should I now stop till I get everything back on track ??

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run Triton as well and have been for a little over 3.5 yrs. My suggestion would be to do the water changes first. After the water changes start dosing the Triton elements. Try to get as close to an ALK of 8.0. If you do that, everything else seems to fall into place.

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. You don't stop dosing. Is there one about water changes? I'm guessing no based on your post.
If that's the case, you do activated carbon and all the things it suggests, something's come down by themselves, naturally others will get taken by water changes and others still by activated carbon.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes It told me too do 6x 15 % water change with triton pure 2.0 salt .. but that's a lot of money I must now spend just on salt over 120 euros ... which I don't have right now ;Rage... just bought the triton detox for now

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to use pure 2.0 you could also use Tropic Marin pro. That's what I did. Water changes is where I would definitely start.

Psymon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton have (as far as i know) a couple "approved/recommended" synthetic salt companies you could use. Tropic Marin Pro is one of them. :) and of course their own Pure 2.0.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thing you should do is find the source of the contaminations.

By the look of the analysis you have something rusting somewhere either in the water or near to the water. There is little point carry out any remedial actions if you don't find the source of the problem. Hose clamps, Magnets, Rusty door hinges, broken heaters, these are the most common.

Once you have located and removed the source then you can get to fixing with some water changes. As already mentioned you don't need to use Pure 2.0, you can also use Tropic Marin Pro, Red Sea Blue Bucket, D&D H2Ocean. These are 3 that we have tested and found pure, there will be others that the community has tested so might also be worth asking around.

Speaking of salt I would say that your salinity is looking high with all your Macro elements being high individually. Approx calculation showing 40.38ppt or 1.0305 so you should look at calibrating your salinity measuring device and try to bring that down.

For your phosphate which media are you planning on using as some media can release Barium and other unwanted elements into the water. We have tested ROWAPhos and Phosban and being pure and uncontaminated.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply Tim .. I've already resolved a few issues you've mentioned sg is back to normal and my mag .. long story short.. thought my refractor was broke got I calibrated wrong ended up adding salt that wasn't needed , got it fixed and got my salt back down .. which is probably why a lot of my parameters where high .. I use Red Sea blue salt so I won't need too change that luckily ... think I know where the metal comes from .. rusty hose clamps .. will fix that tonight .. I also had a broken heater .. got a new one last week .. I know realise that I did the triton test when I didn't know my salt was wrong .. I've ordered the triton detox already and will start doing my water changes when I get it ... thanks for your advice .. after my initial shock of the results .. I know realise what a fantastic service this is from triton .. and I now feel confident I can move forward .. and start too resolve everything !!!!

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply Tim .. I've already resolved a few issues you've mentioned sg is back to normal and my mag .. long story short.. thought my refractor was broke got I calibrated wrong ended up adding salt that wasn't needed , got it fixed and got my salt back down .. which is probably why a lot of my parameters where high .. I use Red Sea blue salt so I won't need too change that luckily ... think I know where the metal comes from .. rusty hose clamps .. will fix that tonight .. I also had a broken heater .. got a new one last week .. I know realise that I did the triton test when I didn't know my salt was wrong .. I've ordered the triton detox already and will start doing my water changes when I get it ... thanks for your advice .. after my initial shock of the results .. I know realise what a fantastic service this is from triton .. and I now feel confident I can move forward .. and start too resolve everything !!!!

Thanks for your kind words, we strive to help post analysis as we feel the increased knowledge goes a way to helping everyone in the hobby, as you will pass on your experiences to others and further spread the knowledge which is backed with real scientific analysis and not just hearsay or anecdotal experiences. Anyone can give you analytical data but what use is the use of it if you are then left on your own to decipher it with no follow on support.

Bbart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detox removed zinc for me. It's an off label use as its formulated for copper which you also have so maybe pick some up.
I was having poor luck with sps and that was the only thing that showed up bad in the first test I did.

OP
OP
Jason mack

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The detox I get delivered today , so I will start treatment tonight , I must say I was shocked too see copper on the tests , I've never used copper in my tank .. I have no qt either .... I have no idea how copper got into my tank , ????

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back