Got some flake food today

  • Thread starter Thread starter kgstei
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
542
Location
Griswold
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some fleet food because I like the way it stays suspended in the water column longer than pellets and just to give a little variety. I found this 2 lb bag on Amazon for 40 bucks so I thought I'd give it a try. It should last me a while
20250410_154817.jpg
 
I bought some fleet food because I like the way it stays suspended in the water column longer than pellets and just to give a little variety. I found this 2 lb bag on Amazon for 40 bucks so I thought I'd give it a try. It should last me a while
20250410_154817.jpg
Um, yeah, should last a little while! LOL

I have my auto feeder dump into my food ring. If I don't, it goes straight to the overflow. I have it positioned right above the return so it gets mixed in fairly quickly. The fish seem to know when it's about to get dumped in cuz they all hang out there at the right time.
 
Fish just know! I experience the same situations with mine. If my tangs see me go into a small cabinet I have beside the aquarium they instinctively know they are getting some nori. They get all excited!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new