Grafted Slow Burn Monti?

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
4,166
Reaction score
3,650
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Has anyone seen a grafted Slow Burn Monti? I tried googling some pics, but no luck so far. My colony has light, almost green strands going through it and the pattern is there on frags also. I am curious if this is normal and happens to all of them, or if it's a fluke.

1608079657426.png
 
Normally gfp infection (grafting) is more distinct in a coral. Also, are these pictures under blues? My slow burn only looks like this under blue lights, and is a tan/lavender/orange under daylight. Any tips on coloring it up?
 
Normally gfp infection (grafting) is more distinct in a coral. Also, are these pictures under blues? My slow burn only looks like this under blue lights, and is a tan/lavender/orange under daylight. Any tips on coloring it up?

Yep this was under blue lights. For me, monties like nutrients. So I keep my P at 0.04 and N at 10-20 and they color up nicely.

I have one that's doing something similar.
F721A7EB-DF6B-479E-90E8-D2E161B6447E.jpeg

Cool glad I am not the only one. I was googling for pictures and couldn't find anything. Very nice colony there!!!
 
Yep this was under blue lights. For me, monties like nutrients. So I keep my P at 0.04 and N at 10-20 and they color up nicely.



Cool glad I am not the only one. I was googling for pictures and couldn't find anything. Very nice colony there!!!
Thanks! I'm on the opposite spectrum for nutrients, higher PO4 and lower NO3 (which I'm trying to raise). This pic was taken during the lights ramping down, so it's on the blue side, but my peak hours have more whites. I have a mystic sunset that was doing something similar with a green steak, but I may have fragged that part off accidentally.
 
Reviving an old thread, my slowburn is starting to graft red.
 

Attachments

  • F93819EB-C613-4FE0-8387-9A9661DA3104.jpeg
    F93819EB-C613-4FE0-8387-9A9661DA3104.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 119

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new