Grattitude

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to give a few big shout outs to some of the dedicated members of this forum for helping to educate me better about this hobby over the past year. I knew next to nothing about the ins and outs of this hobby, and I feel like I am much closer to actually "getting it" now.

@twilliard for helping me better understand that 0 nutrients is a bad thing and to shoot for arounf NO3 2-5 ppm and PO4 to be around .02. He also taught me that you can dose nitrates to assist with this for a cheap DIY recipe

@Randy Holmes-Farley for helping me get my SG right in my tank and for helping me learn how Alk, calc, and mag all work together and how to maintain their levels consistently

@Sabellafella for helping me understand T5 and par a little bit better

It's been a fun journey so far and I can't wait for this new re-build to get kicked off, so I can begin to share some of my success' as well

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'd be nice to hear if anyone else might be able to mention other forum members that have helped out their tanks.

I almost forgot @brandon429 for his extensive knowledge regarding algae control and how he helped me rid my severe case of bryopsis.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend that is nice of you! That bry is always a challenge good to hear of the positive outcomes

to illuminate the poster who helped me it would be reefmiser off nano reef.com for showing me in tank peroxide work. It cured my geldidium algae that would've won a second time without his post.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon when I'm ready to rid all vermetids I'll holler :) must plan approach

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It'd be nice to hear if anyone else might be able to mention other forum members that have helped out their tanks.

I almost forgot @brandon429 for his extensive knowledge regarding algae control and how he helped me rid my severe case of bryopsis.
Well thank you pal, enjoying yours and all the other nice folks company around here. Alot of friendly people here and very fortunate that rev have us a wonderful community to give to people. Of corse if you have any questions, ill try my best to try nd make sence of what i kno or toss up a thread. Once again thank you!!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the shout out @Humblefish! I'll thank you right back for helping me learn more about fish deseases and diagnosis than I ever thought I could. By the way... I got a confirmed case of flukes, experiment is under way! yay!

I'd like to say thank you to @Diesel for being a new friend! The 19th is just a few weeks away!

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've switched over to an ATI fixture lately and @mcarroll has really helped guide me in acclimating my corals to this new source of light. I want to say thank you for taking some time to make my tank thrive. It's doing better now, and I can't express how appreciative I am.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutly right on. Thank you all, very hard to mention names cause evry one offer help in many different ways, and thats what makes this forum the best I have ever been on. Every one thanks Rev but no one thanks The Mrs that keeps up with him. So I say thank you to ALL

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eatbreakfast , not only have you reminded me about one of the most important meals of the day, but your knowledge of fish is quite extensive and has been super helpful when making decisions on new additions!

I encourage anyone reading this post to bring attention to forum members who have helped them out also. I'd like to hear more from you all!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eatbreakfast , not only have you reminded me about one of the most important meals of the day, but your knowledge of fish is quite extensive and has been super helpful when making decisions on new additions!

I encourage anyone reading this post to bring attention to forum members who have helped them out also. I'd like to hear more from you all!
Thanks! That's super nice. I just have a compulsion to learn about fish, that I am all too happy to share.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also need to mention my new friend @jsker ... I never knew I would get so much enjoyment out of an online forum. You have great craftsmanship for DIY projects!
Finished the sump today and I will post pictures tomorrow. Thank you for all of you advice and help.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most recently @saltyfilmfolks is a wonderful asset to us here. I see him interacting and helping other members all the time while maintaining a good sense of humor. Him and @WetWhistle explained and helped turn me into an au naturale reefer. Thanks guys.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back