Grazing fish feeders?

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copperband butterfly fish that I've kept happy for over a year. I suspect he may be munching on my scoly flesh. He's constantly picking at rocks. I feed him, by hand, home made frozen food, which he eats aggressively from my fingers once to twice a day. He's always hungry. (I feel like him many days! ) I could feed him by hand 3 times a day and he'd eat agressively all the time. I'm to the point I'm wondering if he needs something to graze on. I see there's grazing feeders to feed nori. I was wondering if there's a way to feed meaty gel food in some type of grazing feeder?

The frozen I feed is packed full of max aminos, selcon, pellet food, Tuna, shrimp, Scallops, and much more. All of my fish love it and have been living off it healthily for 2 years. I just don't know how to get enough food to my copperband. He has specific textures, temperatures, and types of food he likes. If the frozen gets too melted, he'll stop picking at the food I have for him. He loves it when it's still solidly frozen and he can attack the meat and pull off small bitesize frozen chunks. Once it thaws, he loses interest. He constantly hunts and eats pods. I just wanted to find something else for him to graze on throughout the day that won't completely fill my tank with nutrients.

I'm in the process of getting 8 female and 1 male lyretail anthias. So, would like to see what options are out there to provide grazing food that will hopefully deter my CBB from eating coral, but offer additional food sources for other fish as well. Anyone setup a grazing patch with any type of gel food?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may want to take a look at Easy Reef's Masstick fish food. Good luck!

OP
OP
Treefer32

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! This looks interesting if my fish like it. ... I will give it a try, maybe start with a smaller amount and see how it goes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back