Great Ways to Cycle a Tank!!

ALL OF THEM, You never really know who to trust. If your having good luck with your lfs good for you :) But I don't trust someone I don't know to tell me one of my tanks I have thousands in is ok. To give just one example I took a water sample to a lfs to see if my salinity was where I thought it was. I was waiting on calibration fluid for my refractometer. The reading they gave me with there refractometer was that my salinity was 1.023 I thought it was 1.026 Just because I'm not that trusting I took it to another lfs on the way hame they said it was at 1.030 So I thought it better to wait for my calibration fluid and see for my self what it was. So got my refractometer calibrated and my salinity was 1.025 So i had believed my lfs I would have stressed or killed a lot of pricey coral for no good reason. I could write a book of the bad info given by lfs. I'm not saying they are all bad just that you never know who to trust
 
okay cool, thats what i wanted to hear some thing like that. The one good thing about the LFS i was talking about is its owned and operated by 3 people. G is awsome and very trust worthy, but i can see who some ones tools might be off and its good to use your own. Thanks
 
I would trust my lfs to test the water for me but only if i feel really lazy. there is only about 5 of them and they know me by name and my tanks. like i said i will test it unless i have to go there and dont really feel like it
 
well the LFS I go to ABC pet city, is a def exception, if any one is ever in NY rochester are you HAVE to check it out, nate come back me up here please lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new