Green algae out of control

Peacocksm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've messed up and let my green algae just take over my tank. I just started using vibrant and I've been manually removing it from my rocks but it just seems to get worst each day. I scaled back feeding, light times and increased flow. Will it hurt if I remove all my rocks with scrub them, clean the tank and put the rocks back in place or do you think that will be to much disturbance for the tank. Or do I just let the vibrant do its job. I've only dosed 1 time so far

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Manual removal is very good, and addition of chemipure blue will help. Add some snails
Turbo
Astrea
Cerith
Nassarius
Trochus

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at your nutrients. Most likely they are high which is feeding the algae, that's why it's coming back. lower them and manually remove.Vibrant will work just takes time does not happen over night. Also vibrant can lower your nutrients so be careful how much you lower them

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've messed up and let my green algae just take over my tank. I just started using vibrant and I've been manually removing it from my rocks but it just seems to get worst each day. I scaled back feeding, light times and increased flow. Will it hurt if I remove all my rocks with scrub them, clean the tank and put the rocks back in place or do you think that will be to much disturbance for the tank. Or do I just let the vibrant do its job. I've only dosed 1 time so far
There’s lots of types of green algae, film, hair, bubble, feathery stuff, turfy stuff. A pic would help loads.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 31.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back