Green/Blue Chromis changing colors

  • Thread starter Thread starter xyousefb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xyousefb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2022
Messages
84
Reaction score
5
Location
UAE
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I bought this new Chromis and it seems to be changing colors somehow. Is that normal?

Right now it’s in the QT tank. When I came back home and turned on the lights, it looked like this:
6B3CE2F5-D433-4AAC-A3A3-113F76057DEE.png

It had strange patches on it.

After a while, it regained its color and those patches were completely gone. It seems that these patches come out when it’s sleeping.

Have a look at what it looks like when I saw it after a while:

914608D0-3A99-4504-AA66-81160308514D.jpeg


Should I be worried or is this some sort of natural behavior?
 
It may be is diet. I've heard of other fish losing their color because they are missing something important in their diets.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new