Green Clown Goby

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really have any branching corals. Would a Green Clown Goby be happy in this tank? 25 gallons, currently only 3 fish, Yellow Watchman Goby, Carpenter's Wrasse and a Purple Firefish. Thanks for looking and any thoughts.

image3 (13).jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a Green Clown Goby be happy in this tank?
I honestly don't know if they're "happy" without the branching SPS to hide in, but in the few tanks I've seen with Clown Gobies and no branching SPS, the gobies tend to hide out by equipment near the top of the tank. They don't necessarily seem unhappy without the SPS, but I'd imagine they'd feel safer/less stressed (and more likely to exhibit breeding behavior in a pair) either with some branching SPS or with something that can act as a decent substitute.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are set on a clown goby you could get an inexpensive birdsnest coral that, in my experience, will grow like crazy. A relatively easy sps. There is nothing special about my lights and if you go to my build thread you’ll see how crazy the growth is.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't really have any branching corals. Would a Green Clown Goby be happy in this tank? 25 gallons, currently only 3 fish, Yellow Watchman Goby, Carpenter's Wrasse and a Purple Firefish. Thanks for looking and any thoughts.

image3 (13).jpeg
Honestly, I have 3 with minimal SPS, they seemed happier with their SPS colonies to hang out in however even without the colonies, they are mainly hanging out close to the rocks where corals used to grow. They also love to just sit on my clam (I lost my deresa clam on Sunday unfortunately so now they just have a maxima to sit on).
Even just adding in skeletons for them to hang out in will work. They don’t have to be living corals :)
IMG_7987.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back