Green Encrusting Algae

gtrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

My tank is roughly 6mo old and over the past month there has been a good amount of this (See pic) green encrusting algae. I've read that corilline can come in a wide range of colors.

Pic is from my sump but there's a lot of it on my overflow box tool. It's hard like corilline and can't be scraped off with a magna float or my hand.

Any idea on what it is?

IMG_1361.jpg

OP
OP
gtrider

gtrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@skimjim

I can and have googled it and have read plenty about it. I figured showing the community a pic of what i have growing would provide me an answer for my specific question and picture.

With that said, i'm sure almost every thread you could google and look for answers (and im sure most people do before posting), but that would defeat the purpose of a community forum.

Tony Sini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@skimjim

I can and have googled it and have read plenty about it. I figured showing the community a pic of what i have growing would provide me an answer for my specific question and picture.

With that said, i'm sure almost every thread you could google and look for answers (and im sure most people do before posting), but that would defeat the purpose of a community forum.
Green coraline algae

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, the green color is awesome.
Ours is mostly just l purple. After several years, we have been getting more dark red coralline in very light poor places, like under live rock in open areas.

I am guessing you have lights on a very low setting?

We can't get green to grow.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back